Pirelli serious design flaw? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pirelli serious design flaw?

bigpoppa

I was bored and looking at tires, and cant stop thinking about those horrible reviews about the new angel GT 2 tires on revzilla

A lot of people reporting a scary wobble, just a coincidence or a design flaw?

Have a hard time believing a major player like pirelli would have missed this, but thats why they have recalls I guess

Anyone have experience with these? They're a popular tire in a popular category...

Same... Have a Rosso 3 on the front and an Angel ST on the back of my KTM RC8r.
The Angel ST is a great tire - haven't had any issues with it, including some rather "spirited" runs of the Dragon...
Lots of torque from the big 1190cc V-Twin, and the tire isn't showing any real signs of wear even after 4000km.

Some shop out there bending rims when they mount new tires ;) that would do it. I think I have one like that from last time I let a shop mount a tire.

I was bored and looking at tires, and cant stop thinking about those horrible reviews about the new angel GT 2 tires on revzilla

Have a hard time believing a major player like pirelli would have missed this, but thats why they have recalls I guess

Anyone have experience with these? They're a popular tire in a popular category...
It may be just bad luck. I had some tires on a K75 that would induce incredible head shake (hard enough to shake trim pieces off). The tires worked fine for other bikes. The K75 had no issues with other tires. Just a combination that didnt' work. Maybe the same for the Angels?

I can confirm a wobble with Pirelli Angel series tires. Went through 3 sets cause wanted to like them but something is wrong with the design. You can feel it in the bars and if you take your hands off the bars as you're riding, they shake like crazy. No other tires would do it. Just the Pirelli st's and gt's. Currently running Dunlop roadsmart III's. Very good tires!

Back
Top Bottom