Passenger Pegs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Passenger Pegs

Local_R6

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 2010 r6 and the previous owner removed the passenger pegs which I need, so I can get my bike safetied. Does anyone have a spare set I can temporarily borrow? I've ordered a set from yamaha but it's going to be quite some time before they arrive. So if anyone has a set please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
I have seen people just put in a bolt for passenger pegs to get the safety.. not really safe.. but if its just the certificate you are after.. woth a shot. A six pack for the mechanic might also help

may want to post in the track day forum as theres many r6's which are now track bikes without passenger pegs

Do they really ask for that to cert a bike? is it because of the 2up seat? if so, would removing the seat also remove the need for the pegs and the cert would be good to go?

may want to post in the track day forum as theres many r6's which are now track bikes without passenger pegs

Good suggestion.
If a bike has a solo seat cowl (obviously no passenger can ride on that comfortably), does one really need the pegs? I'm referring to someone who is 100% sure they will never have a passenger.

For my bike though, the exhaust is held by a clamp that is attached to the right peg so I would have to fabricate some type of bracket for the pipe if I decided to make my bike a one-person-only machine.

I bought my bike certified and it had the passenger pegs removed and a solo seat cowl...
hope that quenches your curiosity!

I had a safety denied because my exhaust was too loud.

The reality is, is that "safety" requirements are really up to the mechanic, and they're all different. I would suggest perhaps taking it to another shop. You don't say where you're located, so perhaps you could put that up and someone could recommend another shop to you.

Back
Top Bottom