Nexus Card renewal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nexus Card renewal

wonderings

My nexus card expired, I found out about a month after. When I saw it was expired I did the online renewal process immediately. A few weeks later I see it was renewed and approved. There is no mention of a card being sent out, I am assuming this happens automatically? There is a replace card option when logged in, but that looks like it is used for lost/stolen cards.

Normally gets sent 2-3 wks after the approval . Wait times are all over the map . I’m surprised ( and happy for you ) that it was easily renewed after expiration, I was told by them , let it expire and you start over . Maybe that’s just them on thier end .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Normally gets sent 2-3 wks after the approval . Wait times are all over the map . I’m surprised ( and happy for you ) that it was easily renewed after expiration, I was told by them , let it expire and you start over . Maybe that’s just them on thier end .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I was worried about that as well. Had no clue it was expired as I have not done much travel at all since I got the card before covid. I have used it twice in that whole time. Hoping to get back to travelling more in then next year or two. Went to Chicago for a trade show a few weeks back and that is when I noticed the card was expired. Was a bit envious watching the nexus holders basically walk through Pearson security while I went round and round weaving my way to the security check point.

I was worried about that as well. Had no clue it was expired as I have not done much travel at all since I got the card before covid. I have used it twice in that whole time. Hoping to get back to travelling more in then next year or two. Went to Chicago for a trade show a few weeks back and that is when I noticed the card was expired. Was a bit envious watching the nexus holders basically walk through Pearson security while I went round and round weaving my way to the security check point.
yep, i've used it on international trips too.

Was a bit envious watching the nexus holders basically walk through Pearson security while I went round and round weaving my way to the security check point.
Next time (if you don't have the card) just use YYZ Express. Nexus line for those of us with no nexus. It's amazing.

Next time (if you don't have the card) just use YYZ Express. Nexus line for those of us with no nexus. It's amazing.
This sounds awesome, but I don't see how this can work. They ask you to select an appointment time, and to go to the airport, check in, and relax until your appointment. But every international flight I've been on, once you show up at the flight counter, they force you to go straight through to security. So depending on how long the lineup is to get to the counter, you may be early or late for your appointment?

This sounds awesome, but I don't see how this can work. They ask you to select an appointment time, and to go to the airport, check in, and relax until your appointment. But every international flight I've been on, once you show up at the flight counter, they force you to go straight through to security. So depending on how long the lineup is to get to the counter, you may be early or late for your appointment?
I book yyz express as a backstop. Show up three hours early, have yyz express booked for 1:15 before boarding. If the first part goes fast, I sometimes wait in line. If the first part is a crapshow, I have a shortcut to the flight. You are allowed 15 (or 30?) Minutes either side of you booked appointment to get in line.

I book yyz express as a backstop. Show up three hours early, have yyz express booked for 1:15 before boarding. If the first part goes fast, I sometimes wait in line. If the first part is a crapshow, I have a shortcut to the flight. You are allowed 15 (or 30?) Minutes either side of you booked appointment to get in line.

OK, I get it. I wasn't thinking of using it as an insurance policy.

Back
Top Bottom