New trend? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New trend?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Over the last 2 days I saw 3 motorcycles with passengers. The passengers weren’t wearing helmets, but the rider is fully kitted out.

Saw them twice here on Burnhamthorpe, and today on the 401. 120kph and no helmet for the passenger.

New trend?

Aside from the sheer stupidity of doing that, how are they not getting busted by the first cop that sees them? Pretty easy to spot, even from a distance, a person on a motorcycle with NO helmet.
For me, passenger gets a full face helmet, has to wear at least a leather coat and gloves, has to wear jeans and wears the most protective footwear that they have. Otherwise, they aren't getting on. Watching the life choices some others make (eg helmet with tank top, hot pants and flip flops) makes me shake my head. What a nightmare. If they come off, they have nothing they can put down to slide on. I havent seen no helmet. That's a new level of dumb. Imo, ride should get a ticket for that but if the passenger is an adult, I doubt they do.

At first I thought it was one of those fuzzy helmet covers…but then I realized it was hair.

When’s the last time you saw OPP / Peel cruising looking to fine people? Enforcement is almost zero within the city limits on the 401. Outside of it I see a few cruisers.

Aside from the sheer stupidity of doing that, how are they not getting busted by the first cop that sees them? Pretty easy to spot, even from a distance, a person on a motorcycle with NO helmet.
they dont stop.

Over the last 2 days I saw 3 motorcycles with passengers. The passengers weren’t wearing helmets, but the rider is fully kitted out.

Saw them twice here on Burnhamthorpe, and today on the 401. 120kph and no helmet for the passenger.

New trend?
Religious exemption being claimed perhaps?

For me, passenger gets a full face helmet, has to wear at least a leather coat and gloves, has to wear jeans and wears the most protective footwear that they have. Otherwise, they aren't getting on. Watching the life choices some others make (eg helmet with tank top, hot pants and flip flops) makes me shake my head. What a nightmare. If they come off, they have nothing they can put down to slide on. I havent seen no helmet. That's a new level of dumb. Imo, ride should get a ticket for that but if the passenger is an adult, I doubt they do.
My S-I-L wanted me to give her kids a little ride, just around a parking lot. Sorry no spare helmet. You don't have to be doing 150 Kph to get injured. If you don't like wearing a helmet think about wearing diapers for the rest of your life.

I can't remember where it was that a pillion fell off a bike at a stop and was either seriously injured or died.

I don’t worry too much about the gear selection of other riders (unless children are involved.)

If your head’s not worth a helmet to you, it’s not worth a helmet to me.

Back
Top Bottom