Moving to edmonton. Shipping my bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving to edmonton. Shipping my bike

grafix

does anyone know any reliable and very safe shipping people to get my CBR to edmonton?

I'm scared they may damage it or not strap it properly. Just want to ensure maximum safety and care. and of course a decent price.

Thanks

Pay me what you were going to spend on shipping and I'll ride it out for you ;-)

I used TFX International to ship my bike to Calgary door to door. They used hydralic lifts and enclosed transport. When they shipped it here to Calgary they had lots of exotic (expensive) cars inside their trailers so I'm sure they take every precaution for damages to their expensive car clients by strapping your bike in properly.

TFX International's warehouse is located on 11 City View Drive in Etobicoke. You can ride your motorcycle there or have them pick it up at your house where they'll transport it to the warehouse.

I also used/use TFX International to and from Alberta. Call Adam @ 416-243-8531 ext. 8.

Other trucking companies seem to drag their feet with getting your bike shipped and there is a lack of communication.

curvy roads? They've got an insane amount of curvy and high altitude roads that reach above 2k meters that I've had to put my automatic car into 2nd gear just to tackle them. The roads in Edmonton are crappy though think I read somewhere they had over 2000 potholes and yeah if I recall Edmonton itself is just straight roads much different than Calgary. But outside the city the roads are heaven.

curvy roads? They've got an insane amount of curvy and high altitude roads that reach above 2k meters that I've had to put my automatic car into 2nd gear just to tackle them. The roads in Edmonton are crappy though think I read somewhere they had over 2000 potholes and yeah if I recall Edmonton itself is just straight roads much different than Calgary. But outside the city the roads are heaven.

out side calgary yes, outside edmonton no. gotta travel 2+ hours to get to the twisties from edmonton.

why not just ride the bike there? you can be out there in 3 days if you stop when it gets dark. only took me 2.5 to get to regina and i was taking 1/2 hour breaks every time i gassed up.

I was falling asleep on my way back from Edmonton to Calgary that's how boring straight it was but I did pull over at McD for a long break. Took me 4 days but I stopped a lot. In theory should take minimum 2 days of straight driving but since small gas stations don't open overnight you don't want to be stranded with the prairie bugs.

It all depends on your budget and time constraint. It's also a lot cheaper to crate it up. Just another option.

Back
Top Bottom