More money than brains...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

More money than brains......

WTF !! ...some people have more money than brains.

:eek:
Theres a lot of millionaires in China/Hong Kong and even poor people spend their money on frivolous junk.

WTF !! ...some people have more money than brains.

:eek:
As I understand it, here you can sell a plate to be used. It can be transferred between certain relatives so the buyer may have to marry someone's sister.

You cannot sell custom plates in Ontario. I had the custom plate AUDIO1 and would happily have sold it to Andrew Marshall but could not even give it away.
I guess the thinking was the ministry wanted nothing to do with creating a speculative market.
I suppose that might have changed but AFAIK has not.
Of course I went through a few versions of my MACDOC plates due to the front plate jusr wearing out over 30 years. Was going to bring one to Aus with me for sentimental reasons for the wall but a multidecade staff member begged me for it.
At least the take on the SA 8 plate would fund a small hospital in South Australia,
South Australia is the southern, central state of mainland Australia, and the 4th largest (total land area is 983,482 km2) of its 8 states and territories. Covering 12.7% of Australia, SA is similar in size to Egypt, Bolivia, Tanzania and the Canadian state of Ontario, or the combined areas of France and Germany.

The province owns the plates, they're not yours to sell, give away or transfer in any way... or take to Australia
Pretty sure you could transfer a personalized plate, but it would take a long time.

In Ontario, like other places, you register a vehicle with a plate from the year the vehicle was manufactured (remember we got plates with no dates in '80s, so it's all old stuff). So you have a '73 bike, you can go find a 1973 Ontario motorcycle plate at a flea market. You send that plate to MOT headquarters and they do what ever they do with it (it has to be in decent, read EXCELLENT, condition, not listed as stolen, the number isn't a duplicate....) and if it's acceptable, you get a letter that says the plate is property of The Province of Ontario (again), it also says you owe about $350 and you get to use the plate... and it takes a year... or two. The whole process is in the "personal" plates program.
... so they're selling you a concession for the $350, and you could sell/transfer that concession, And I betcha it would take a lot of time and arguing with MOT... but doable.

Yeah I've got a stack of old un renewed Ontario plates too, but I don't own them.

Now just to argue with myself: When the paint/printing on your plates falls off, becomes unreadable: if the plate is less than 10 years old, they replace it free... if it's older, you pay for new plates and registration
HUH???? ...it's not mine to replace

Back
Top Bottom