Maintaining your Motorcycle - Course? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Maintaining your Motorcycle - Course?

el_felo

Site Supporter
Has anyone done a motorcycle maintenance course? with who? did you learn enough? how was the course like? was it worth it?

I want to learn some basics about my bike just for road side fixing, if I was to ever encounter some problem. I don't have a garage to take my bike apart and put it back together, so I can't really fiddle with my bike much.

RTI has this http://www.ridertraining.ca/courses_maintenance.html

thanks for your thots!

I was recommended to go to humber for the maintenance course.

Google humber motorcycle maintenance and you should find it.

For the very basics (oil change, brakes, etc) the one day course is probably good enough.

For a little more in depth learning, they have a 6-8 session course (can't remember how many) that runs on wednesdays from 7-10 I believe. Each week is a different part of the bike (eg/ brakes one week, carburators the next, electrical, etc.).

I would opt for the more intensive course, to get an actual understanding of how your bike works. I know that you are encouraged to bring your own tools for the intense one, but they also have spare kits as well.

My 2 cents

P.S. your rebel is a perfect bike to learn mechanics on, really simple engine and small engine

I took the Humber course a couple years ago and was disappointed. Simply watching someone point at things wasn't helpful. (Hint to Humber/RTI: it would be much better if everyone brought the parts they needed and did an oil change, chain lube/adjust, changed brake pads and adjusted cables on their own bike.) I'd recommend finding a quite weekend afternoon with your manual, be patient and just give it a try yourself. Lots of helpful videos on youtube to get you started.

Back
Top Bottom