MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions. | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MacDoc's new ride MT3..naked bike questions.

Now that's Aus dollars and all in. No extra taxes on that.
Some encouraging info here on getting the magnets to stick to the tank
I'm guessing two on the front of the bag may work.
1728705772412.png1728705795945.png
However breakthrough on the pillion bag.
Strapped the Nelson Rigg on and slid it back a bit and can just get my boot to clear. I'll get better at it and like the look
That raggedy AirHawk could use a new cover.
that's all strapped in, anchors the laptop bag and by moving it back I can just clear it. imgres.png
1728706255216.png
There is no need to take it off and it just might do without a tank bag. Will dig out the longer strap for the camera tho it does fit in my riding shirt pocket anyways.
So I will skip the pricey GIVI tank bag solution and just use the tail bag with the laptop case under it. Flexibility exercises coming up.
Impressed with the quality of the straps on the Nelson Rigg. the reflector tape on the back useful too.
I can live with that look . Will square up a bit when laptop and other gear inside. I pulled the straps pretty tight and it distorts the bag a bit. I think it is not waterproof but resistant and comes with a cover.
1728706688369.png1728706081902.png

Last edited:
The Nomax is nice. Very expandable, comes with that signature Mosko beavertail to quickly stash large items and also holds a hydration bladder as well!

mosko-moto-tank-bag-db-nomax-tank-bag-v3-0-a-32338439405629_2000x.jpg

mosko-moto-tank-bag-db-nomax-tank-bag-v3-0-a-32338439340093_5000x.jpg

Sorry LC, but the Nomax looks to be the most convoluted, over thought, over priced piece of gear on the market. Talk about reinventing the wheel! Five hundred bucks for a small tank bag?? Sheesh!

I prefer to keep things simple. My well used Wolfman works for me.

Suck it, Mosko!

Sorry LC, but the Nomax looks to be the most convoluted, over thought, over priced piece of gear on the market. Talk about reinventing the wheel! Five hundred bucks for a small tank bag?? Sheesh!

I prefer to keep things simple. My well used Wolfman works for me.

Suck it, Mosko!

LOL!

I did opt for the simpler SW tankbag.

As for overpriced... well, yeah, that's kinda Mosko's thing.

The hydration bladder feature is nice for off-road riders though. I know a lot of trail riders who don't want to carry 3L of water on their back on long riding days.

My wife ditched her Camelbak because of that reason and went with a fanny-pack hydration pack.

And I do stand by the beavertail being genius. Maybe convoluted on a tankbag, but amazing on panniers and topbags. My favorite thing across all the Mosko stuff I own.

Can you please explain the beavertail thing to some of us plebs ?
Is it some secret compartment for Nutella spread?

Last edited:
Damn. That's an expensive beavertail. And no chocolate.

I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy

20241012_130147-X2.jpg

I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboyI'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy I'm not a fanboy

20241012_130147-X2.jpg
BULL SHITE

Now that’s a spicy meatball…

Now that’s a spicy meatball…

Vintage! Looks to be the original v1.0, around 9-10 years old.

Funny thing is that Mosko raises their prices every year/version, so he's probably selling it for exactly what he bought it for - not taking into account inflation.

I bought my Reckless 40 v3.0 brand new for around $1000 CDN IIRC, the v4.0s are now selling for $1350 CDN. Which means if I wanted to sell my R40s today, I probably could get close to what I paid for them.

Also, that BackCountry 30 I just picked up brand new from eBay for $350 CDN. It's a couple of years old and one version back. The new versions are going for $610 CDN. SMH.

Mosko pricing is crazy. They're totally pegging the sale price to what the market is willing to pay and low-key telling their customers: "Buy today, because we're gonna keep raising prices on our new stuff, and you'll get back exactly what you paid for it when you sell your old Mosko bags in the future".

It's like a dotcom stock. Ooops... 2024... it's like a diamond-hands stonk...

Ever seen a $2000 motorcycle jacket?

You have now:

fe8851a42a51--690x600-1-d32229.jpg

Vintage! Looks to be the original v1.0, around 9-10 years old.

Funny thing is that Mosko raises their prices every year/version, so he's probably selling it for exactly what he bought it for - not taking into account inflation.

I bought my Reckless 40 v3.0 brand new for around $1000 CDN IIRC, the v4.0s are now selling for $1350 CDN. Which means if I wanted to sell my R40s today, I probably could get close to what I paid for them.

Also, that BackCountry 30 I just picked up brand new from eBay for $350 CDN. It's a couple of years old and one version back. The new versions are going for $610 CDN. SMH.

Mosko pricing is crazy. They're totally pegging the sale price to what the market is willing to pay and low-key telling their customers: "Buy today, because we're gonna keep raising prices on our new stuff, and you'll get back exactly what you paid for it when you sell your old Mosko bags in the future".

It's like a dotcom stock. Ooops... 2024... it's like a diamond-hands stonk...
Ballers gotta ball….

Ever seen a $2000 motorcycle jacket?

You have now:

fe8851a42a51--690x600-1-d32229.jpg
I think Klim has a $2500 CAD jacket..

Ordered one today.....😂😂

Last edited:
I think Klim has a $2500 CAD jacket..

Ordered one today.....😂😂
I was looking for a good pair of riding pants earlier this season. I went to GP and found a couple nice fitting pants (didn't buy either, stayed with my old pants, but still managed to spend near $700 on other items), one pair was a Kilm @ $850, the other was around half the price, but I can't recall the brand.

I asked the fellow who I have dealt with for other stuff previously, "Why would I pay the extra for these when these are 1/2 the price, fit as well and are similar in construction?" He laughed, shrugged and said, "It's Kilm, and you get a sticker."

I have a Kilm Jacket and it's ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH, and my go to outer layer. It will likely outlast me, but I bought it on as a leftover and got a deal.

I was looking for a good pair of riding pants earlier this season. I went to GP and found a couple nice fitting pants (didn't buy either, stayed with my old pants, but still managed to spend near $700 on other items), one pair was a Kilm @ $850, the other was around half the price, but I can't recall the brand.

I asked the fellow who I have dealt with for other stuff previously, "Why would I pay the extra for these when these are 1/2 the price, fit as well and are similar in construction?" He laughed, shrugged and said, "It's Kilm, and you get a sticker."

I have a Kilm Jacket and it's ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH, and my go to outer layer. It will likely outlast me, but I bought it on as a leftover and got a deal.
I have a Klim Latitude jacket coming.
My current Rev'it is good and will mostly likely be my everyday jacket. The Klim will be the long touring jacket. This way I don't have to take extra rain gear.

Back
Top Bottom