Macbook Air - Battery replacement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Macbook Air - Battery replacement

justride

Any recommendation where I can have the battery for my 2020 macbook air 13 retina replaced
I live in Streetsville - Mississauga. thanks

The battery was only good for two years? Dang

Have to say. I was really impressed with our 10+ old Mac air. We literally use it every single day and it's still going strong on original battery and it lasts pretty good

So impressed I bought another one

@MacDoc fairly recently, my old Air won't let me download some websites for security reasons. Says i need to d/l the latest apple OS (Monterey I think) but when I try it says my system is too old. Any solutions?

When I need service on my MacBooks, I take them to Undoit.ca. It's a small business located in downtown Toronto near Blue Jay Way. Competent tech/owner, great service, good prices, guaranteed work. He's the type of tech who'd troubleshoot the problem and replace components, the likes of Louis Rossmann. Give them a try.

When I need service on my MacBooks, I take them to Undoit.ca. It's a small business located in downtown Toronto near Blue Jay Way. Competent tech/owner, great service, good prices, guaranteed work. He's the type of tech who'd troubleshoot the problem and replace components, the likes of Louis Rossmann. Give them a try.
does he work out of his home/condo?

I believe this is the type of work that @MacDoc deals in day to day.

Not sure but his shop is around Erin mills and 403.

I have about 5 different Macbooks now of varying generations, with my oldest being a 2007 Macbook Core Duo. All of them still work (including the 2007) and all are still on their original batteries, although the 2007 did get a free replacement battery in 2008 due to a "possible manufacturing defect" thing, even though it was still working fine.

People **** on Apple stuff all the time, but you really do get what you pay for.

People **** on Apple stuff all the time, but you really do get what you pay for.

not to start a apple vs android thing. I Just want to say they make good products. But i absolutely refuse to be locked into their world.

I wlll never own an iPhone.

I do own some Apple products so its not a hate thing.

I have about 5 different Macbooks now of varying generations, with my oldest being a 2007 Macbook Core Duo. All of them still work (including the 2007) and all are still on their original batteries, although the 2007 did get a free replacement battery in 2008 due to a "possible manufacturing defect" thing, even though it was still working fine.

At potential 30-50% markup you damn well better! 🙂

If you can get the battery I can do it for cheap. Or send me the model number and I can ask my supplier.

Main difficulty with those is needing the special screw drivers

I did my wife's 2019 Macbook Air Retina just before Christmas. TBH, I was a little disappointed that it only lasted 2 years while her old one never had a battery issue throughout its entire life.

I bought a new genuine (supposedly) Apple battery from New Egg for $59.

You will need Torx screwdrivers (which I had), and a Pentalobe screwdriver. I couldn't find these anywhere so I ended up buying a set from Amazon for around $10.

It was quite easy. I just followed these guidelines and it took about 15 mins.

EDIT: Actually ifixit also sell them and ship from Canada but they are a little more, although with shipping, taxes and brokerage fees it the price will probably be pretty close.

Last edited:
^
If you gonna DIY this.

A) Apple products are really sensitive to ESD. Wrist and proper mat is highly recommended
B) Those ribbon cable and connectors are very fragile

:)

Does macdoc only deal with macs?
I have a lenovo with a screen issue that needs some work

well I took my 2020 macbook air to apple repair place. He said it might be a bad CPU and not the battery.
symptom - battery not charging - fan constantly running but laptop is not hot - very slow, courser kind of skip , seeing a little rainbow circle.
Tech told me load the Thermal Temp from Vimi Studio to check . $hit!

He said it might be a bad CPU and not the battery.
symptom - battery not charging - fan constantly running but laptop is not hot -

Try all this. I had some of those symptoms once and it just needed an NVRAM and PRAM/SMC reset.

Back
Top Bottom