Looking to upgrade suspension | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to upgrade suspension

Shaggy

Can most shops do suspension upgrades? Im looking to get a new rear shock and probaly do something to the front as well. Can anybody suggest a place?

Do you just want the parts or do you want them set up properly too?

Any shop can order the parts for you but there are only a few people that I trust have the knowledge to set it up properly.

Sandy - Pro 6 Cycle
John - Riders Choice
John - Accelerated Technologies
Ryan - Condor Racing
Brad - Compulsion Racing
Zaid - Z1 Cycle

Last edited:
Basically any shop, that has the catalogues, could order a shock for you. Ohlins would be the most common, that you would order through a shop. You can order a custom Penske or Hyperpro shock, directly from the manufacturer/distributor. Race-Tech is now doing shocks also, for a limited number of bikes.

caboose483 gave some good advice regarding shops, to do the work. Of the listed ones John Sherrard, at Accelerated Technologies, would be the acknowledged master IMHO. You would have to ship your stuff to him though, since they're in Lakefield, Ontario.

Can most shops do suspension upgrades? Im looking to get a new rear shock and probaly do something to the front as well. Can anybody suggest a place?

I ordered my Penske rear shock from traxxion dynamics in the US. I believe it was about $780 for the 8983. John Sharrard rebuilt, revalved and did some other stuff to my forks and I was very happy with the final product and service. I still have to make it out to a track day this year to get him to set it up.

Scott Miller/Fast Company is at the top of that list in terms of experience and capabilities.

Hands down, Mission Cycles in Angus.

Had full racetech front end treatment done and set up the rear. I had to relearn to ride my bike. Best money I ever spent.

I'm looking to get it set up properly aswell. Thanks for all the suggestions. I had been thinking about getting a new bike for awhile but decided to upgrade my suspension instead as its really the only thing I don't like about my bike.

Back
Top Bottom