License G is equivalent with M1? | GTAMotorcycle.com

License G is equivalent with M1?

Zerillos

Hi guys! I m trying to find some answers .Long story short ,couple months ago i got my G license and on that paper they gave me until i get my card license says something like G license is equivalent with M 1 not with these words ( i cant remember exactly) but very similar.Thank you for your response.:eek:

Last edited:
No, the ministry just uses the same paper form for a temporary license when you change class as they do for the M1. It says temporary license OR M1 on top of it.

Yep they are not the same. The only time you get 2 licences is when you write the M1 test if you dont have a G class licence they will give you a G1. Thats because you have to write the G1 test at the same time (even if you have a G class licence, you write the G1 test when doing the M1 test).

Well, i read there on the page if you have G full you can drive a motorcycle or moped ( i guess under some restrictions) .Do i understand right?

no. because riding a motorcycle is much different than driving a car with many different techniques and other specific things. hence a separate mto motorcycle handbook. class m1-m may operate motorcycles and cars. class g1-g may only operate cars.

you will receive two packages when you write your m1 written test, a motorcycle-specific test and a separate g1 test.

no. because riding a motorcycle is much different than driving a car with many different techniques and other specific things. hence a separate mto motorcycle handbook. class m1-m may operate motorcycles and cars. class g1-g may only operate cars.

you will receive two packages when you write your m1 written test, a motorcycle-specific test and a separate g1 test.

You still can't operate a car with a m1-m license... all you have is a G1, you can drive if you have someone with over 5 years experience from their G beside you though.

Hi guys! I m trying to find some answers .Long story short ,couple months ago i got my G license and on that paper they gave me until i get my card license says something like G license is equivalent with M 1 not with these words ( i cant remember exactly) but very similar.Thank you for your response.:eek:

Just wondering - what were the "exact words"? If there is any sort of confusion here, then there are probably others that might think the same way and start riding a motorcycle without proper licensing.

I have my M1 licence sitting in front of me and across the top it says "Temporary Driver's Licence OR Class M 1 Licence - Province of Ontario" (emphasis on OR is theirs)

Below it then says "M1**" in the "Class" box

Back
Top Bottom