Leafs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leafs

bigpoppa

Have they started turning up north yet? Muskoka etc? Or should I wait a bit longer?

I also thought it was abour the blue and white.

Surprised about the snow up north 😯😯

Still a bit early but the leaves should start transitioning anytime now

This is a good reference once they start providing updates:

Take a ride up only way to know for sure. ;) (y)
Today is not a good day for that. Tracking east right now.
Screenshot-2024-09-09-144220.png

I was shocked on the weekend while riding up Dufferin from Richmond Hill up to Bradford -- lots of color starting.

I guess it's the time of year, but it was a bit startling as it was the first color that I recall seeing... and there was lots of it.

I'm trying to get my fall ride to Timmins in this weekend. Hopefully there's some color along the way.

Last edited:
Leaves seem to be turning and dropping early here in KW.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Have they started turning up north yet? Muskoka etc? Or should I wait a bit longer?
If you have the time, ride south and check out the fall colours along the Appalachians. Higher elevations change earlier, so there can be a broader time range to see lots of colour.

Rode from Orillia into the Kawartha's today.
Not much change in leaf colors yet. I may have noticed 10 trees along hwy 118 between hwy 11 and 507.

Last edited:
If you have the time, ride south and check out the fall colours along the Appalachians. Higher elevations change earlier, so there can be a broader time range to see lots of colour.
I did my honeymoon there October 86. Wife and I retrace the route every 5 years. In oct, it used to be like touring ghost towns, nice inns were $30/night, now it’s primo high season - $300 if you’re lucky.

Still worth it.

what's this winter going to be like?

so far this year it appears we've had more rain than usual...perhaps more snowy weather is in store for us this coming winter?

As a sledder I can pretty much tell you what kind of winter we will have.
We will get just enough snow to open the trails and then it will get warm, rain and I'll take my bike out for a ride instead. Rinse and repeat.

As a sledder I can pretty much tell you what kind of winter we will have.
We will get just enough snow to open the trails and then it will get warm, rain and I'll take my bike out for a ride instead. Rinse and repeat.
I think the death of sledding in south and eastern Ontario is near.

Not enough snow and ice - last season many of the trails hours north of Toronto didn't even open, by the end of Feb, almost all the trails in the far north had closed.

It's getting colder, but the Leafs don't fall until the end of April.
It's not Autumn yet, but on average Sept. 27th is good if you're looking for red leaves in Algonquin.

Back
Top Bottom