KTM Super Duke engine oil filters | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM Super Duke engine oil filters

Shaman

I've gone to GPBikes' website, to ktmparts.ca and some random others but can't seem to find just the filters for my Super Duke. GP's site has the filter and screens that look compatible but when I select my bike to test, they say that it's not for that bike.

In the states, KTMtwins.com will sell me $300 worth of parts and oil to do my bike which includes the two screen/bolt assemblies that the manual tells me to just clean, not replace. Surely I don't need to spend all that cash for every oil change.

Trailering the bike to GP every time and spending a day in Toronto isn't worth the expense, and just as importantly the bike will be overdue for an oil change soon and that's going to hold me up.

Frustrating, I've spent hours trying to find just the oil filter and nobody seems to want to sell it to me. ktmparts.ca doesn't list any kit OR filter OR filter+ screens as compatible.

I've gone to GPBikes' website, to ktmparts.ca and some random others but can't seem to find just the filters for my Super Duke. GP's site has the filter and screens that look compatible but when I select my bike to test, they say that it's not for that bike.

In the states, KTMtwins.com will sell me $300 worth of parts and oil to do my bike which includes the two screen/bolt assemblies that the manual tells me to just clean, not replace. Surely I don't need to spend all that cash for every oil change.

Trailering the bike to GP every time and spending a day in Toronto isn't worth the expense, and just as importantly the bike will be overdue for an oil change soon and that's going to hold me up.

Frustrating, I've spent hours trying to find just the oil filter and nobody seems to want to sell it to me. ktmparts.ca doesn't list any kit OR filter OR filter+ screens as compatible.
I just tried, but I selected 2022 MY.

Engine is listed separate, but I was able to add filter to my cart and get all the way to "pay securely" screen.

It's odd that on the OEM parts bike lists for 2023 & 24 there's no multi cylinder bikes listed. Might be a website issue.

Thanks for finding that. Surprisingly I just found everything I need on Amazon including the Motorex Power Synt 4T that the manual calls for.

So I'm good. Thanks. Not sure why Amazon has 4 options easy to find ... I suppose I should have tried there first and saved myself a whole lot of time.

The only bike I've owned that I've struggled to find an aftermarket filter for is my RE650. There are a couple of Hi-Flows that are very close, but the OEM ones are readily available and only $20 each. Even cheaper if you buy a 5-pack.

I'm using the OEM filters because I don't want KTM to be able to deny me any warranty (or my extended one) if something does go wrong.

Keeping the receipts, too.

Glad to see you have a lot of faith in KTM

I certainly don't after watching that video of their cam issue. Warranty or no, cams should last longer than 16,000 miles (actually less based on how bad his looked). The owner even bought genuine KTM parts for the maintenance he did outside of the dealership, but they didn't acknowledge it. That said, it was goodwill that they denied since he didn't have any warranty.

I wouldn't buy a KTM made in India. I'm OK with the ones made in Austria.

I wouldn't buy a KTM made in India. I'm OK with the ones made in Austria.
I believe their parallel twins are made in china

I believe their parallel twins are made in china
I don't think so... but am willing to be corrected.

"In 2007, Indian motorcycle manufacturer Bajaj Auto bought a 14.5% stake in KTM Power Sports AG. By 2013, Bajaj Auto held a 47.97% interest in the company."

Just the 790's AT PRESENT.
Would be curious to see production and quality control differences between India and china 🤔

Would be curious to see production and quality control differences between India and china 🤔
Agreed. Though it's a minor point, the tool kit that came with my 1999 300EXC was of noticeably better quality than the one that came with my 2018 1090. Also, I've found some of the bolts and other fasteners to be a bit soft in comparison to the ones from the EXC..... or maybe I've got a better torque wrench.

I found your filter for $25 on ktmparts.ca no problem.I just ordered oil and filter for my 890,it will be here in 2days free ups shipping.

Back
Top Bottom