KTM 890 SMT | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 890 SMT

So weird. I'm always glad when companies give us new bikes. I am not sure a "Supermoto Sports Tourer" is a bike that people were looking for. Looks like fun though. I don't love the profile shot you posted. The gap around the front wheel and all body lines/fenders in that area on different radii and centres is not pretty imo.
Friggin KTM. Majority of the bikes are uggo but every now and then, they spit out a slick looking weapon.

Everything from the forks back I like..

The gap around the front wheel and all body lines/fenders in that area on different radii and centres is not pretty imo.

It's the dirtbike DNA that's causing the visual dissonance.

Most of their street bikes are derivatives of a dual sport or ADV which were designed for a 21" front wheel.

Downsizing to a 17" front unfortunately draws your eye to all that empty space.

It's the dirtbike DNA that's causing the visual dissonance.

Most of their street bikes are derivatives of a dual sport or ADV which were designed for a 21" front wheel.

Downsizing to a 17" front unfortunately draws your eye to all that empty space.
Some added wings/fins could close up that gap (and get things back to a unified centre). They could be part of the side panels or part of the top fender.

still no word on pricing or info on website

7n4ndb.jpg

I think this front fender looks a bit better IMO. What is the range? - tank looks much smaller than on ADV..

2023-KTM-890-SMT3.jpg

I think this front fender looks a bit better IMO. What is the range? - tank looks much smaller than on ADV..

2023-KTM-890-SMT3.jpg
They said 16L fuel tank. My 790 Duke is 14L and I get around 350km before low fuel light when riding conservatively. I've gone 400km on a tank, fumes at the end. I would guess that this is going to be around 400km.

Rottweiler Performance just released an intake/aux fuel tank combo for the Adventure thats good for another 7L. The subframe looks like an Adventure subframe so there's that. Not sure how the gravity feed will work though as there's no saddlebag tank.

Last edited:
I'd guess a lot less than 400. I had a 2019 790 Adventure, it had a 20L tank and would do 450 kms. Got 60 mpg. Not sure how much more fuel hungry the 890 engine is, probably a little.

I'd guess a lot less than 400. I had a 2019 790 Adventure, it had a 20L tank and would do 450 kms. Got 60 mpg. Not sure how much more fuel hungry the 890 engine is, probably a little.

We have the 890 engine. Similar fuel tank size (19L) and I went 425 kms and filled up 18.5L at the gas station.

They run pretty lean, probably due to Euro 5 compliance.

We have the 890 engine. Similar fuel tank size (19L) and I went 425 kms and filled up 18.5L at the gas station.

They run pretty lean, probably due to Euro 5 compliance.

based on your 19l tank consumption - 16l will give 358km. which would be ok for me. I am curious if it would have a stock/aftermarket tall(er) screen and plastic oem sadlebags...

based on your 19l tank consumption - 16l will give 358km. which would be ok for me. I am curious if it would have a stock/aftermarket tall(er) screen and plastic oem sadlebags...

The KTM website is a bit screwy, it doesn't list the 890 SMT as an option on the PowerParts catalog yet - too new, I guess. The internal designation for the bike is F9703WG.

So if you want to search for what parts fit, just add "&model=F9703WG" to the URL and it will list what is compatible.

Windshields:

Luggage:

Quite a number of options for shields and luggage if the compatibility catalog is to be believed.

Back
Top Bottom