Joined the Crash Club on FRIDAY 13th! SIGH | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joined the Crash Club on FRIDAY 13th! SIGH

iconix

Well it happened, Worst part was I had a feeling I was going to go down that day. Shouldnt have went out.

I went out for a ride with a friend and we couldnt have had a better day to ride. Decided to stop at Timmies afterwards but after a bit it started to rain and the guys wanted to go get some food so I decided to go grab my car at a friends place. Now my friends driveway is gravel/sand with a sh-t load of pot holes, I came in at my normal speed and next thing I know is my front tire washed out. I dont know if I hit the front brakes or hit a pot hole wrong.. But I went down. I got minor scrapes and bangs on my leg but Im not sure if im going to buy some new aftermarket fairings or try to repair these ones. This really sucks because last year the wind took my bike out while it was parked and it broke the right side of my tail. Now after all that fixing and painting I break the other side.
mad.gif

Odd thing is, I didnt feel anything going down or really remember hitting the ground, just the sliding and wondering when it was going to stop and no I didnt hit my head ...Anyone else crash and have that happen?

Now for the fairings - VISA to get Auctmarts or DELKEVIC fairings maybe find the BLACK FLAME FAIRING KIT or Should I fix them and paint it the SE Base color for the clean look. What do you guys think?

For those who are going to suggest to repair or who have repaired, What do you think is better- Plastic welding or Special glues? The last time we used car Panel glue and it worked great but someone the other day suggested finding broken fairings and cutting them into strips to plastic weld.

Sorry for the cell pics, didnt feel like driving 30min back and forth at 12am for my SLR.Only picture missing is the back of my calf as I didnt know I banged it up till later and I think I broke the footpeg with it becaused there is a nice crisp line/bump about the same height as my peg right where my riding boots end..figures.

Crap cant add my leg pic or clutch cover case and when I add photobucket its not letting me resize it. hmm Try this ? http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/slaidlaw/First%20Crash%20May%20Friday%2013th%202011%20Night/

Attachments

• front side pic.jpg
    front side pic.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Tail.jpg
    Tail.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Foot peg and shift lever.jpg
    Foot peg and shift lever.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
sorry about your fall buddy, Ive crashed a few times in the last 2 yrs, it happenes so quickly u dont realize whats happening,

Sorry to hear about your crash, welcome to the club, don't let this get you down. It's just battle scars....keep riding. Hope all turns out well for you.

That sucks dude! Glad youre not hurt too bad. Gravel sucks!!!

Holy ****. All that in a driveway?!

sorry to hear. Hopefully the repairs won't be too expensive.

Holy ****. All that in a driveway?!

That's what I was thinking...how fast was this "normal" speed he normally goes in at...

My buddies driveway is Long, could even say its a small road to be honest- Uses a plow in the winter if that helps much and I want to guess I normally enter it between 20-40 kph, at this time I dont know how fast I was going.

Thanks everyone else, I wont stop riding! Im hoping it will improve my riding as now Im not worried about what it will feel like going down as much lol at least this way lol. I also like to challenge my fears, First chance I get Im finding a mean dirt road and conquering it. Ill try to post repair process and pics as well.

The ne'er ending crash slide feeling is normal. Its worse on slippery pavement where you start ashphalt surfing so long you look around and find you back is still sliding and is about to overtake you lol. But I'll take the never ending slide over the *splat* , *thump* , *crash* any day.

Sorry about your fall... at least you weren't seriously hurt, the bike can be fixed.
PS - frame sliders could have helped save the side of you bike.

Sorry about your bike OP, At least you're ok.

I don't think frame sliders may have helped too much , maybe a bit... As they would have dug into the soft gravel road. On an asphalt road, it's a different story.

And yes, these accidents happen very fast!!

Sucks .. looking at the link of pics, u got some expense there.. Your leg looks nasty too must hurt more the day after.. lucky your ok .. Saw some fairings on http://www.nicecycle.com/default.asp .. haven't tried them but think it would look better changing the fairings rather than welding.. especially if you plan on selling in the long run.. Nice Bike.. love the color.

that hurts man. Everytime I crashed I walked away relatively unscathed but wish I took more of the beating than my bike...we heal a lot cheaper:D:D. Especially in a little tip over like that if you got a bit of rash like the bike did it wouldn't be so bad.

And how did wind tip over a 636?? My 250 hasn't tipped or even been pushed when on the stand and I've had it in some pretty worrisome winds. Also when you fix the fairings get rid of the gay flames, its so oldschool Ninja 250

Last edited:
Sorry to hear but glad you're ok.
Everybody who rides will go down or have some kind of incident at one time or another (anyone that tells you different is an idiot). It's a high risk sport we're in. All you can do is learn from it and move on.

that looks like a nasty wipeout. Invest into some frame sliders. :)

that looks like a nasty wipeout. Invest into some frame sliders. :)
His frame hardly seems damaged? - doubt they would have done much for him on the gravel driveway anyway.

But more protection is better than less protection I suppose.

i had frame sliders on my old srad, and it saved the fairings, didn't really save the exhaust though.

Get on it and ride. Get a new footpeg and lever, bolt them on and fix the rest as you go. Bikes are just a collection of parts that work together.

Back
Top Bottom