Itchy Boots goes Vintage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Itchy Boots goes Vintage

Mad Mike

I just watched her describe her new bike… she’s after my heart!

She’s going around the world on an 87Yamaha Tenere 600.

I did a few thousand km thtu northern Ontario this year on a vintage ADV, thinking about trying the Trans Lab next summer.

Yeah I thought she might go Teneré but not clue a classic version when they just released the 2025 600.
And around the world too!!!?.....girl never stops. (y)🍿
Waiting for her book to be translated to English.

1728043510292.png
This the one she is taking on her next adventure.

@Mad Mike that looks quite lovely also! There's something about the vintage bikes that I love...but not enough to actually go out and buy one to ride. Maybe because I'm too worried about things going wrong on older bikes, but they should be easier to rectify.

@Mad Mike that looks quite lovely also! There's something about the vintage bikes that I love...but not enough to actually go out and buy one to ride. Maybe because I'm too worried about things going wrong on older bikes, but they should be easier to rectify.

There’s an argument to be made that when you’re broken down in the middle of nowhere, older can be easier to fix in some circumstances, and maintenance and minor repairs aren’t usually a problem either as long as base mechanical parts like bearings and wear items are still available.

There are lots of vintage bikes that are dependable and have easy parts access. Finding parts for vintage 2 stroke ADVs is a little tougher and can be expensive.

There’s an argument to be made that when you’re broken down in the middle of nowhere, older can be easier to fix in some circumstances, and maintenance and minor repairs aren’t usually a problem either as long as base mechanical parts like bearings and wear items are still available.
Easier to fix, no complicated electronics, simple fuelling and cooling systems. And usually a lot lighter.

This is a much better bike. The Rally looked good, but it was just lipstick on a pig.

Back
Top Bottom