How many KM.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

How many KM....

How many km before one is not classed as a beginner.

• Total voters

guym

How many km before you consider someone not a beginner anymore. I'm on my second season, with 14k km under mybelt and consider myself a beginner still, IMO I would say about 30k km on a bike before one can consider themselves not a beginner anymore.

*edit I do realize there are other factors to not being a beginner anymore.

Last edited:
So if someone rode 30k all straight highway and went from here to florida and back all the time all highway, would you consider them a better rider than someone who has done 10k all track, racing, track days etc...?

Not sure how you can rate by km or when you decide if someone is a good rider by how many years they have been riding. It gives you an idea but you can't ask someone how many years have you been riding or how many km's they have and know if they are a good rider or not.

Just for that reason...i'll vote for other.

i'd say a full "M" license, 5 full riding seasons and 50,000 km, minimum. At that point you move from 'new beginner' to 'new beginner plus'.

i'd say a full "M" license, 5 full riding seasons and 50,000 km, minimum. At that point you move from 'new beginner' to 'new beginner plus'.
so what if someone has 4 seasons on an M2 with 100,000 Km they must be a noob too...

kilometers traveled can't tell you jack ****

The day you are able to give solid advice to a beginner, you are no longer a beginner. Though that hardly makes you advanced, or even moderately experienced. What's the next step after beginner, semi-beginner? Does it really matter?

No it doesn't really matter, But I'm bored and waiting for a buddy to come over to do some drinking.

I think the official number from the MTO is 13,780km to graduate from beginner status.

Well I had to test out the stuff to make sure it was ok to serve to a friend...

u also gotta fall and drop the bike a few times too, right?

^ no, not everyone has fallen and before it gets said, not everyone falls either. Accidents are possible though

"To be an expert at anything - 10,000 hours doing it makes your an expert apparently"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book)

So I'd say - Beginner = - 5000 hrs, Intermediate = 9999 hrs, Expert 10,000+

Also, would say dirtbike experience and hours dosent count towards street riding as it dosent count for insurance purposes either and are two different riding atmospheres. So put 10,000 hrs on a dirtbike and then 10,000 on a street bike and your an expert at each.

Last edited:
How the km's were accumulated is more important than the actual distance. Puttering along in straight lines with no traffic to deal with, will only make you a well distanced noob. Dealing with left turners, aggressiveness, lane sharers, road hazards, animals like dogs, sloths etc, this is what makes you an experienced rider.

Lol at the sloth reference. Chances are everyone who puts on Kms will experience all the factors listed in the thread on the street.

As mentioned above, dirt, street and track riding are all different and each has its own levels that one can move up in.

Back
Top Bottom