Honda’s $225 Million Mistake – Rune Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda’s $225 Million Mistake – Rune Review

Very interesting and enjoyable video.
While not 100% to my style I always thought the Rune was mechanical art.

Very interesting and enjoyable video.
While not 100% to my style I always thought the Rune was mechanical art.
I'm with you.

I didn't realize it worked as well as he said nor why it worked. Very informative video.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for it. I believed it was Honda flexing it's muscles in all areas - design, engineering and production. A corporate, "Look what we can do!" while using a uniquely Honda engine.

Beautiful….but not sure I’d want one simply due to cost of the parts he listed.

But ‘twist its titty’ is now my favourite line.

Another one of those non collectible bikes that ends up being in someone collection

I think in my time I only ever seen a couple of them on the road

Last edited:
Nice bike. I remember when Tom Cruise was parading around on one:

5903bba44071b9bc29820042ec15acfe.jpg

Saw one at the Forks...awesome engineering art. Honda has had few " out there" designs that failed in the market. Their expensive scooter comes to mind.
honda-nm4-vultus-receives-automotive-color-options_3.jpg

Saw one at the Forks...awesome engineering art. Honda has had few " out there" designs that failed in the market. Their expensive scooter comes to mind.
honda-nm4-vultus-receives-automotive-color-options_3.jpg

Short memories over at Honda.

If the DN-01 flopped so badly the first time, what made them think it would work a second time?

2009-honda-dn-01-1_1600x0w.jpg

Nice bike. I remember when Tom Cruise was parading around on one:

5903bba44071b9bc29820042ec15acfe.jpg
Those guys in the background are looking at Katie no doubt, as would I.
Agreed with above that the Rune is pretty cool mostly because it's an out-there model that they actually built just because they could. Used to see one at the Haugans bike night in Durham years ago.

Before the model was sent out to dealers, Honda Canada was taking orders with a deposit but with no final cost specified. My neighbour a die-hard Gold Wing guy got caught up in it so laid down his $. When he later heard from the dealer on the selling price, he took back his deposit.

Didn't Tesla do the same thing with their Model 3 ?

Back
Top Bottom