'Hate to bring it up, but.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Hate to bring it up, but..

Gaoler

The remainder of riding season can now be measured in weeks...
When do y'all generally hang up your spurs for the year..?
Did you get as many miles in as you wanted/planned to in 2024..?

I park the bike(s) when there's salt on the ground. I don't want salty bikes, but also that coincides with the possibility of ice on the road

I’m close to closing the season. Might hit up Port Dover next Fri 13th.

Any days left above 20C and I’ll do my best.

Did you get as many miles in as you wanted/planned to in 2024..?
Let's not think about that yet...
Anywho... I rode every month last year, mild winter in Toronto. Didn't even use the battery charger. Bike is always ready to go in my garage

Let's not think about that yet...
Anywho... I rode every month last year, mild winter in Toronto. Didn't even use the battery charger. Bike is always ready to go in my garage

In this thread we learn who's crazy and who owns more than one pair of long-johns. :)

Usually when they brine the roads but now that I'm doing more offroad riding I'm putting on a new rear tire next week and will likely ride pavement in small sections just to get offroad and will do that until there's too much snow in the trails to get the 1290 through.

I'm a little confused.

Your post just seems to be a bunch of words strung together randomly, that don't seem to make any sense...

snow1-X2.jpg

snow2-X2.jpg

snow3-X2.jpg

Snow !!!! what iz this stuff snow.:rolleyes:
I'm away for the month of November. Australia and New Zealand.
Where in Australia.?..Cairns is often on the bucket list.

I rode my KLR every month last winter. Spent a lot of time on gravel roads which I don't think get a lot of salt. Once the bike had a good coating of mud I think it kind of protected the underlying material from corrosion. Bike looked pretty good after getting hosed off in the spring.
Also owning an electric vest will greatly expand the use/joy of the shoulder seasons.
So to answer the OPs question the spurs stay out year around.IMG_1012.JPG

Last edited:
I rode my KLR every month last winter. Spent a lot of time on gravel roads which I don't think get a lot of salt. Once the bike had a good coating of mud I think it kind of protected the underlying material from corrosion. Bike looked pretty good after getting hosed off in the spring.
Also owning an electric vest will greatly expand the use/joy of the shoulder seasons.
So to answer the OPs question the spurs stay out year around.
I ride all year too, but from December through March, I’m only fair weather days now.

I plan on spending more time in the southern US this winter, I’m riding down in Nov and will leave a bike there for the winter. Sadly Florida has exactly zero interesting riding on or off road.

Snow !!!! what iz this stuff snow.:rolleyes:

Where in Australia.?..Cairns is often on the bucket list.
Daughter now lives in Sydney. Vancouver for 2 days. Then Sydney for 7 days staying at her and her partners apartment in the city centre. Driving down the coast for 3 days to Melbourne with her and her partner and staying at his mother's place in Anglesey. 3 days in that area then the two of us fly to New Zealand South Island for 9 days. 3 days in Hawaii then home. This is a motorcycle forum so I'll mention we are renting a bike in Waikiki for a day to tour the Island. Should be a crazy month!

Back
Top Bottom