Gear options | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear options

AmaRu

This is my first season and I’m looking into some new gear. Currently I have an icon leather jack, alpinestars high boots, joe rocket gloves and an Icon helmet.

I’ve already upgraded my helmet to a Shoei RF-1100 and now looking into a summer jacket, shoes/boots and gloves. On my list I’m thinking about an Alpinestars T-GP-R Air jacket and Alpinestars fastback boots. Does anyone here own these boots and/or jacket? Some additional suggestions would be nice as well.

Also, the only place I know where I can buy gear is gpbikes and royal distributing. I’m just wondering if gp bikes has a show room where I can try on gear before I buy it. I’m not a fan of ordering online, I want the perfect fit. Any other motorcycle gear distributor suggestions would help too.

Thanks.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-t-gp-r-air-jacket

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-fastback-wp-shoes

Gp bikes is in Whitby. They have a selection of gear on the sales floor to try on.

If this is your first season, and you already had gear, why are you looking to "upgrade"? The reason upgrade is in quotes is because Icon makes quality helmets and that Icon may have been a better fit for your head than the Shoei....who knows. Also, if it's your first season, may be ride with the gear you already have before buying more and buying season specific jackets and new shoes.

If you already know about GP and Royal, how could you not know about the GP showroom....hmm....join Nov 2004, post count 14.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

If this is your first season, and you already had gear, why are you looking to "upgrade"? The reason upgrade is in quotes is because Icon makes quality helmets and that Icon may have been a better fit for your head than the Shoei....who knows. Also, if it's your first season, may be ride with the gear you already have before buying more and buying season specific jackets and new shoes.

If you already know about GP and Royal, how could you not know about the GP showroom....hmm....join Nov 2004, post count 14.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

I bought my gear used off kijiji when I did the course at learning curves 2 years ago. The reason I bought the Shoei is because the gentleman I purchased my bike from gave me a great deal-wouldn't you think I tried it on before I bought it? The boots are broken and the gloves have a hole in them, needless to say I bought the cheapest gear I could find to complete the 2 day course.

GPbikes has an extensive catalogue, I was wondering if they actually had all their stuff on display to try on. I would have thought someone here could answer that simple question. If you read higher than a grade 2 level (apparently not) you would have noticed I also asked for other distributor recommendations.

I've had an account here for a long time. I only recently was able to afford a bike. Do I need to give my life story to receive answers to my questions?

Last edited:

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

i think you're reading into this too much

OP gp bikes has a show room where you can try on gear before you buy and so does royal.

these 2 places have the biggest selection.
also might want to check out the bike show this weekend.

Royal had some good prices when I was there the other day and lots to try on. The guy who dealt with me said they're having the tent sale April 18. No tax. Hope that helps.

Before you upgrade I would suggest looking into some pants - jeans are far from acceptable when you are considering riding gear. Lots of choices in textile or "jean" looking material that has armour. Just my 2 cents as you never mentioned what you wear on your legs.

Before you upgrade I would suggest looking into some pants - jeans are far from acceptable when you are considering riding gear. Lots of choices in textile or "jean" looking material that has armour. Just my 2 cents as you never mentioned what you wear on your legs.

I never considered looking into pants. I figured most people wear regular, i'll look into this. Thanks

Some good options. I'm out of town this weekend so I won't be able to make the bike, although I did hear about it.

Royal Distributing tent sale sounds interesting. It seems like most people either purchase gear from either royal or gpbikes, I thought there would have been more than 2 reputable places. Nonetheless, thanks for the info guys.

I wouldn't go with those fastback boots -- They look like they'd provide as much protection and running shoes (ok, probably a little bit more). If anything, get mid to full boots which definitely go up past the ankle. Again as others have said, GP does have a lot that you can try on if you visit them.

I bought my gear used off kijiji when I did the course at learning curves 2 years ago. The reason I bought the Shoei is because the gentleman I purchased my bike from gave me a great deal-wouldn't you think I tried it on before I bought it? The boots are broken and the gloves have a hole in them, needless to say I bought the cheapest gear I could find to complete the 2 day course.

GPbikes has an extensive catalogue, I was wondering if they actually had all their stuff on display to try on. I would have thought someone here could answer that simple question. If you read higher than a grade 2 level (apparently not) you would have noticed I also asked for other distributor recommendations.

I've had an account here for a long time. I only recently was able to afford a bike. Do I need to give my life story to receive answers to my questions?

Your OP did not mention anything about the gear you have being in bad shape, used or having holes and being two years old. All it said was it is your first season, you have a bunch of gear and want to upgrade. Read your post again and try and understand why I thought you were trolling. Please provide a life story next time for me to understand your requests.
Also, use your high level of reading for the GP catalog or even a google search of GP bikes to locate their address, phone number, directions, store hours etc. As for other distributors http://lmgtfy.com/?q=motorcycle+shops+toronto or search the forum. If you get over your fear of buying online, http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ has great prices and selection and ship for free if you buy over a certain amount ($99 I think).

Please understand that offence was never intended, my subpar reading level combined with your post lacking a life story led me to assumptions. Peace in the middle east.

P.s I <3 Pancakes

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom