Garage Doors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garage Doors

MotoX

Mine are ten years old, composite, which means they're bubbling and not able to sand and paint. What's are you all replacing your garage doors with? What has the best/longest shelf life for our Canadian weather and keeps the garage reasonably warm in the winter?

Quotes are $3200 for two. It's a shame to have to spend so much money on something without a motor :)

Mine are ten years old, composite, which means they're bubbling and not able to sand and paint. What's are you all replacing your garage doors with? What has the best/longest shelf life for our Canadian weather and keeps the garage reasonably warm in the winter?

Quotes are $3200 for two. It's a shame to have to spend so much money on something without a motor :)
Steel doors last forever if you can avoid hitting them.

Sent from the future

There's an insulated vinyl door on my garage. It's 24 yrs old, from Sears. The only things that have gone bad were the rollers. They've been replaced once. It goes up and down several times a day, and the old Craftsman opener is still good.
I bought an insulated, custom sized Garaga door at a prior home. It was similar, and is likely still in good condition.

That is actually cheaper than I thought for two doors, mine are very old, wood and rotting. I'm replacing next year as not in the budget this year..

Are
We replaced our old wooden/particle board builder grade doors last year with proper insulated vinyl doors. The temp/noise difference is remarkable.
Are the builder doors wood or composite? The problem with the composite is that they begin to blister in the heat... vinyl may do the same.

Steel it is.

Are

Are the builder doors wood or composite? The problem with the composite is that they begin to blister in the heat... vinyl may do the same.

Steel it is.
If possible, go aluminum. I went steel because Garaga has more available colours in steel than aluminum. Something else to consider. My door faces west and has now faded considerably. If you want a darker colour and your house faces south or west, it will fade. After almost 20 years I will be replacing mine soon.

Back
Top Bottom