Fukushima + Rain Riding. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fukushima + Rain Riding.

zhabodav

Okay, so its been what like 2 months and that nuke plant is still going off? There has been no news in the mainstream about it. Rumors have it that the stuff it hitting North America & going round the globe. Chernobyl gives a great insight, historically. So, that **** goes into the air & comes down in rain........ What do you guys think about riding in the rain or am I being paranoid?

Seriously??? You're 10,000 kms away!!!!! Ugh..

Okay, so its been what like 2 months and that nuke plant is still going off? There has been no news in the mainstream about it. Rumors have it that the stuff it hitting North America & going round the globe. Chernobyl gives a great insight, historically. So, that **** goes into the air & comes down in rain........ What do you guys think about riding in the rain or am I being paranoid?

You can get English language news from the Japan Times web site -> http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news.html

Yes, radiation traces are elevated with measurable increases noted in several US cities, but not at levels that should pose any significant health issues for North America. However, Japan is a different story. The initial evacuation zone that was widened and then widened again, has now been widened yet again.
FUKUSHIMA — Residents in Kawamata and Iitate began leaving their homes Sunday after their living areas were included in an evacuation zone the government widened last month around the radiation-leaking Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

Kawamata Mayor Michio Furukawa met with some 50 residents in the first group of evacuees, including babies and toddlers, telling them, "I know you are worried, but we will overcome difficulties together."

The government designated Kawamata and Iitate on April 22 as part of the area from which residents would be required to leave within roughly a month, because cumulative radiation exposure is expected to exceed the yardstick of 20 millisieverts during the course of a year.

Masahiro Kanno, a 34-year-old Kawamata resident with two sons ages 5 and 8, was unhappy with the evacuation order. "It sounds strange that the government first said we have nothing to worry about but suddenly told us to leave," he said.

^^^+1

OP:
I would give you a break if you were in BC.. but you are in Ontario. We have other sources of cancer to worry about, Fukushima is the least!

I am just curious, considering the one of the dangerous particles has a half-life of 8 days & the some others have 15 million year half lifes. If I fart at my desk at work my coworkers around me are going to smell it thats for sure lol. Chernobyl was pretty bad for western, central, & eastern europe. No need to flame, just wondering what you all think.

I am just curious, considering the one of the dangerous particles has a half-life of 8 days & the some others have 15 million year half lifes. If I fart at my desk at work my coworkers around me are going to smell it thats for sure lol. Chernobyl was pretty bad for western, central, & eastern europe. No need to flame, just wondering what you all think.

The amount of radioactive particles from Fukushima here is barely measurable. Even at 50kms from the plant the effects are arguably nil. Your odds of dying from simply going to fast on your bike are far greater than any increased chance of cancer from Fukushima. Besides, if it's in the rain, it's in your drinking water by now!! :)

Thats for sure, I just witnessed a red light run & crash right in front of me and if I was on my bike and the 1st car, I might ave been hit. But anyways, it seems like a forgotten topic.

fuk-u-shima would make a great band name. I'm off to go soak up some rain cancer...peace!

Back
Top Bottom