Fuel tank fabrication recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fuel tank fabrication recommendations?

Any recommendations for someone who can design and fabricate an aluminum fuel tank from scratch for a project?
Unless it’s a very custom shape, I’d buy one off the Jungle website. Lots of options, a fraction of the expense of a custom.

Anyone familiar with aluminum welding can fab a tank, most won’t touch that work if it’s for fuel.

Unless it’s a very custom shape, I’d buy one off the Jungle website. Lots of options, a fraction of the expense of a custom.

Anyone familiar with aluminum welding can fab a tank, most won’t touch that work if it’s for fuel.

It eventually needs to be a custom under-seat design to replace and double as the rear subframe with clearance for the shock, but I looked on Amazon and didn't realize how cheap standard cylindrical tanks are, so I might just grab one of those for now and use it while I mock up the new bodywork (which requires removing the stock tank).

What bike is this for ?

272427004_262717405944233_3695841761948580304_n.jpg

What's the difference in fuel tank size in the before and after?

Now that looks like an interesting task to undertake!

Ok. stupid question time. Why is fabricating from scratch the preferred path instead of buying smc parts that exist?

I think I saw that project a few years ago or might be a similar one and I thought it was amazing.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom