Front end shakes while downshifting ???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front end shakes while downshifting ????

Jeepin

Site Supporter
Wondering if any of you might know what the issue might be before I take the bike to a shop.
Last few days I've noticed a hard up/down type of shake in the front end while higher rpm downshifting (engine breaking) and/or while using the front break. My break fluid was recently changed. Havnt don't the breaks in a bit so would that possibly cause the shake? ANy ideas?

Wondering if any of you might know what the issue might be before I take the bike to a shop.
Last few days I've noticed a hard up/down type of shake in the front end while higher rpm downshifting (engine breaking) and/or while using the front break. My break fluid was recently changed. Havnt don't the breaks in a bit so would that possibly cause the shake? ANy ideas?

If the issue also happens on engine braking without brakes applied, then that rules out the brakes or brake fluid change as a possible cause. Try check your steering head bearings for excess play.

I'd also check the bolts that clamp the forks in the triples. Make sure everything up there is good and tight.

steer ing head bearings? warped rotor? bad engine mount?

have you changed a tire lately or checked your tire pressures? how about alinement

depending what type of weights are on the tire, one could have fallen off. If they are sticky weights (I have seen them on bikes), check if there is any visible spot where they might have been stuck on the rim... fairly easy to spot if it used to be there. Might need to balance the front tire.

mine only shakes above 150kph, should I check steering bearings? what else?

^^^
cant get a steering dampener for my bike (1982 honda sabre) ill check the bearings though, thanks :)

ps: that 'loose nut' might be the case ;) haha (went into a tuck and forgot to get off the gas a little to compensate = 150kph)

Check your fork seal and also increase the damping in the back, it sags too much that's why the weight transfer with engine brake made the front end loose. Also, when you give it a good tug, move your shoulders foward (pull your weight forward), not sticking your butt backwards.

The headset bearing might be off too but shouldn't give you head shake.

thx for the reply's. Been a busy weekend which gave me no time to check things out. I'll have a peak at it during the week and I'll post a reply with the problem incase someone else experiences this

Back
Top Bottom