Fixing car A/C | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fixing car A/C

palmpalm

Site Supporter
It looks as though I have a leak in my car A/C system. Any suggestions as to the best place to have it fixed at a decent price? I live in Richmond Hill but don't mind driving a bit.

The price depends on where the leak is and what car it is. PM me if you want me refer you to a shop.

Hope your car doesn't use a R12 system.

It looks as though I have a leak in my car A/C system. Any suggestions as to the best place to have it fixed at a decent price? I live in Richmond Hill but don't mind driving a bit.

See Dan at Heritage Auto at Keele and lawerence area .. hes a member here too.

Try the least costly solution first. You can buy a bottle of A/C leak sealer, there are two types, one will help the rubber seals seal more effectively and the other will seal small pinholes where it's exposed to moisture from external air.

After that you can add a bottle of environment friendly coolant. These bottles are available at Parts Source.

The price depends on where the leak is and what car it is. PM me if you want me refer you to a shop.

Hope your car doesn't use a R12 system.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. The car is a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Not sure what system it uses. I put in refrigerant with dye and the a/c has been working for a few days but I figure since there was no refrigerant to begin with there must be a leak I am going to have to get fixed, no?

Uses R-134a.
You can recharge it with 22a. Depending where the leak is and how fast it leaks. Condensor, compressor or evaporator coil app. $1,000 up. Use the 22a with dye and see if it's just an o-ring or connection leak.
Enviro says you should evacuate the 134 before you put in 22a. I just recharged mine every summer and it lasted the summer. Too much coin to fix.

Automotive Air Conditioning Information Forum

Back
Top Bottom