DIY Fender Eliminator - Ninja 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

DIY Fender Eliminator - Ninja 250

marcog

Hey everyone,

Did a DIY fender eliminator project on my ninja 250 recently. It turned out really well so I thought I would help anyone who was thinking of doing the same by posting how I did it. Here I go:

See pictures in link below to get an idea of how it works:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63113482@N04/

Step 1: Remove fender and cut off excess plastic (I used just a hand saw to do this). When done, sand down rough edges and smooth out by lightly melting edges with a lighter.

Step 2: Purchase L-Bracket from Home Depot (or other hardware store) and drill 2 sets of holes. First set to attach L-Bracket to bike and second set to attach existing ninja licence plate mount. Once holes drilled, paint with black rust proof paint and let dry. (Note: There are two Licence Plate mounts on the stock fender. Use the smaller one which does not have any reflectors)

Step 3: Once paint dry, attach L-Bracket to tail piece using existing brake light bolts. Once this is in place, attache the stock licence plate mount to the L-Bracket.

Step 4: Mount the tail piece back onto your bike (ie. re-assemble bike)

Step 5: Attach licence plate

DONE!

I am going to go purchase two LED licence plate light bolts in order to light up the licence plate. I will post picture once they are installed.

Last edited:
Sorry...It won't let me load any more images. I will take this down as soon as a I figure out how to remove a post, and will try zipping the images and attaching the zipped file. Stay tuned!

Just post your photos on photo sharing site such as flickr and post links using img tag.

Instead of getting the L bracket, you could've just left some plastic under the tail light to attach the license plate bracket to. That's what I did. Same result....saves you the cost of the L bracket and saves drilling holes I guess, no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom