Did I miss a scam or opportunity | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did I miss a scam or opportunity

nobbie48

Site Supporter
As I was walking to the door of HD to pick up stuff a VW Atlas pulled up next to me with the driver asking for directions.

I went to the passenger side and helped him plug in GPS directions to Pearson as he was heading back to Milan after doing a fashion show here. He wanted to thank me by giving me $6,000 of Armani leather jackets for whatever I had on hand to give him. The stuff looked good but I passed on the deal as I would never use it.

The logic was it being a luggage hassle for him.

I've passed on Rolex deals and high end speakers out of a car trunk and not regretted it. Not sorry on this one either.

As I was walking to the door of HD to pick up stuff a VW Atlas pulled up next to me with the driver asking for directions.

I went to the passenger side and helped him plug in GPS directions to Pearson as he was heading back to Milan after doing a fashion show here. He wanted to thank me by giving me $6,000 of Armani leather jackets for whatever I had on hand to give him. The stuff looked good but I passed on the deal as I would never use it.

I've passed on Rolex deals and high end speakers out of a car trunk and not regretted it. Not sorry on this one either.

Well…it’s inventive. You should have said “sure, here’s a toonie”.

I had a weird one a couple weeks ago. I was in the driveway looking under my car (the infamous ATS) trying to see if condensation from the A/C was draining or not, when a shiny new red Silverado pulls in. A guy steps out wearing a high-vis jacket. Worth noting - no writing or branding anywhere on the truck, or the man.

Asks me if I'm the owner of the house. I've gotta paraphrase what he said because it obviously doesn't make sense looking back at it, but it gave me pause at the time. He claimed to be involved with the local road works, and that they were doing a big repair up the road. (Grimsby is small and doesn't have that many arterial roads, so I would have been able to verify this in about two minutes of driving, but I guess it wasn't impossible). He was wondering if we wanted our driveway sealed? I guess a confounding factor was that our neighbour has ties to a construction business, and they just got a new driveway, and THOSE guys also did knock on a few doors looking for business... but it was clear who they were. The name of the business slipped my mind as I tried to ask him if he was connected to them, but he denied it anyway. Anyway I feel like he saw I probably wasn't going to bite, abandoned whatever this was and drove off.

Scam has been going on for years. If it’s not leather jackets, it’s sound systems, projectors, or suits that they bought too many of…or boss wants it to go..

Let’s just say a friend called me to tell me what a deal he scored. He got upset when I told him it’s a scam and the speakers are junk…

Been years and he still hasn’t used them. I should try and buy thermos an outdoor theatre.

Scam avoided.

I have a feeling that they were knock offs or stolen or stolen knock offs. He gave me his card at the beginning and took it back when I bailed.

I’m not an Armani guy. A couple of years ago a lawyer I have known for decades was downsizing to a condo and they didn’t have room for all their crystal. He wanted to give me a set of glasses for which he had paid a hundred bucks each. I couldn’t afford the beverages they deserved so I passed.

He donated them to a charity. He got a tax receipt, the charity got some cash and someone got a deal on the glasses.

Back
Top Bottom