Did anyone else ride a BSA to Dover Today? Or anything else old or Interesting? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did anyone else ride a BSA to Dover Today? Or anything else old or Interesting?

alcutter

I rode out to Dover from the Hammer on my 1967 BSA A65L, for the second time. I stuck to the back roads for the most part, sorry if you were behind me, the old beast is only comfortable at 80k and slower. I didn't see any other Beezers, and very few British. One cool exception was a single cyl. Ariel. Any other interesting rides?

Yeah, I was at Dover with my buddy. we both ride 1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision bikes. His is painted Lamborghini Orange and mine is Blue Hammerfinish.

I rode out to Dover from the Hammer on my 1967 BSA A65L, for the second time. I stuck to the back roads for the most part, sorry if you were behind me, the old beast is only comfortable at 80k and slower. I didn't see any other Beezers, and very few British. One cool exception was a single cyl. Ariel. Any other interesting rides?

Didn't make it this year, but would love to have seen your bike. I was owned by a '71 BSA A65T many years ago.

Did you see the 3 Nimbus bikes parked together?
I would have liked to have seen & heard them running.

I saw a 1947 Douglas parked on a side street. Friend brought his CB750K and he looked at all the classic bikes he could find. We did see some British.

I stuck to the back roads for the most part, sorry if you were behind me, the old beast is only comfortable at 80k and slower.

Oh That poor poor Beeza

That bikes good to at least 65/70mph

I think we saw one BSA on a side street...bike was busy marking its territory. :)

I think we saw one BSA on a side street...bike was busy marking its territory. :)

If it don't smoke and it don't leak oil, it ain't British.

Gotcha. I have learned something today.

Actually had it printed on one of my black sweatshirts, back in the day. The Germans (I was stationed over in Lahr) called my bike a BASF (maker of cassette tapes) rather than a BSA, because it ran for 60 minutes and then quit.

Mine don't smoke or leak oil and it's definitely British

Same with my '01 Triumph Tiger and '95 Triumph Thunderbird. But that old Beezer of mine had, despite my best attempts, what one of my friends referred to as a "total loss lubrication system". A top end rebuild took care of the smoke issue, but the bleeding of fluids was never fully stopped in the 6 years I had it.

Three nice (for the age) Honda CBX motorcycles parked off the park (I think...). it was good to see them again now and be able to compare to the K1600 (which would look nice naked).

John

Back
Top Bottom