Commando | GTAMotorcycle.com

Commando

bigpoppa

Can see why all the Toronto riders are riding in t shirts, I’m pretty good at heat management, long as I’m moving in the mountains, but in downtown attgatting is getting grim and tiring 😞

Even with someone in as good shape as yo

Meh, suck it up and put on your underwear.

Opened up some vents and got some ice cold water, all good!

I've been looking at cooling vests and stumbled on these types which operate on compressed air, intended for welders and industrial workers: Vortec Cooling Vest | Welding Cooling Vest

The real ones (probably not the cheapo Amazon ones) work on some funky physics and don't just blow compressed air on you. There's probably no practical application for motorcycling since they require a lot of CFM at fairly high PSI, but I thought they were a cool (ha!) alternative to the wet/evaporative types of vests which are less effective in high humidity.

I've been looking at cooling vests and stumbled on these types which operate on compressed air, intended for welders and industrial workers: Vortec Cooling Vest | Welding Cooling Vest

The real ones (probably not the cheapo Amazon ones) work on some funky physics and don't just blow compressed air on you. There's probably no practical application for motorcycling since they require a lot of CFM at fairly high PSI, but I thought they were a cool (ha!) alternative to the wet/evaporative types of vests which are less effective in high humidity.
Holy frig 25-35 scfm @ 100 psi is about a 10 hp air compressor at 100% duty cycle. Efficiency definitely wasn't on the list of design requirements for that thing.

Holy frig 25-35 scfm @ 100 psi is about a 10 hp air compressor at 100% duty cycle. Efficiency definitely wasn't on the list of design requirements for that thing.
Given how hot it's going to get in the coming years, maybe the 2050 model year halo touring bikes (Goldwing, BMW GS) will have an optional onboard compressor for these systems.

Given how hot it's going to get in the coming years, maybe the 2050 model year halo touring bikes (Goldwing, BMW GS) will have an optional onboard compressor for these systems.
It's far more energy efficient to compress a refrigerant than air. I'm a little surprised the tourers don't have it already. Obviously it won't feel like you are in a fridge but could easily drop the temp and humidity of air around you by quite a bit. Add a couple hose outlets to shove in your gear for a world of difference.

I’m not AGATT in super hot weather. I loose the riding pants, remove some Armor, use lighter gloves and ride with my modular at 3/4.

It’s a trade off, going crazy from the heat vs risk of crash.

I also dial back my riding pace and step up my cautiousness

Dropped my car off at the shop yesterday and walked home, only to remember I locked my wallet in the car.
Made the quick scoot back for it on the bike wearing shorts and running shoes. Felt nice....

A few occasions I will take off my jacket in town.....from A to B...but not on any highways
Only in this extreme heat...

A few occasions I will take off my jacket in town.....from A to B...but not on any highways
Only in this extreme heat...
Wonder how big of a concern is road rash in a 1st or 2nd gear crash downtown

Back
Top Bottom