Canadian Motorcycle Association - M1 Exit Course, Good? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Motorcycle Association - M1 Exit Course, Good?

Tinny

Hey all, so I booked my M1 Exit course with CMA as I live in Hamilton and I'd have no way out to Mississauga for the course. Just wanted to get some feedback from people who've done it with them.

Of course, it's basics on driving a bike, which will be great for myself as I'm just getting into riding so I'm sure I'll have a blast with this course. On top of that, when you pass the test you get a year membership with CMA to help with insurance.

I'm booked for the July 24-26th weekend, maybe I'll see someone from here there. :)

I am curious as to why you said that you have no way out to Mississauga for the course?

Just an FYI - Sheridan offers the course at the Canadian Centre for Inland Waters (near the Skyway)

My parents will be away that weekend at our trailor and as I called around for insurance and stuff last night. I'm taking the course before I get my bike.

And it's because I was at first, going to do it with Humber at the Hersey Centre in Miss~

So, parents will have the car
I'm bike-less till I pass the course :)

I'm not taking no Go Bus, etc.

I did the M1/M2 with CMA 5 years ago and I felt I learned more about safety with them than I ever did with (car) driving school... and an instructor in the passenger seat instructing me to step on the gas pedal with a "go for it young man, go for it" ... haha..

Yea I called today...had to be put on a waiting list! My M1 expires july 22nd and they said they don't have an opening until july 24th, but will put me priority on the waiting list. I thought that you could only get the M2 within the 60-90 day mark thats why I waited so long! damn hope I don't have to write the M1 again.

I did it end of May and it was a blast. Just the right size of classes. Good condition 100cc bikes. It was a bit rainy on sat but sunday was excellent! They pretty much taught me everything i needed to know and stay safe. And you get an extra discount with CMA membership with Kingsway Insurance as well as many stores (10%-15%) on apparel and more. Sturgess cycle being one of them!

Yea I called today...had to be put on a waiting list! My M1 expires july 22nd and they said they don't have an opening until july 24th, but will put me priority on the waiting list. I thought that you could only get the M2 within the 60-90 day mark thats why I waited so long! damn hope I don't have to write the M1 again.

Ya I thought this as well... the lady on the phone told me something like this:

"You don't need to wait the 60days to do the course/test... you just cannot bring the paperwork back to the licencing place until that 60day wait period is up"

This is good to know for new M1 people.

Such a great Course and experience - CANADIAN SAFETY COUNCIL - GEARING UP PROGRAM offered by the CMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am from Toronto and I heard about the CMA. I went out to Hamilton for my course and it was the best experience I ever had. I learned more than I ever thought possible. The instructors were amazing. I felt welcome and it felt like one big happy family for the weekend. Even the other students were great. I was not intimidated at all.

The thing I liked very much was the small class size. There was 4 instructors and 20 students. Very personalble. And b/c the class size was small, we progressed as a group. Did not matter if others have been riding for many years or this was someone's first time on a bike. Everyone started at the very beginning and they even taught us how to proparly get on the motorcycle. Explained things I would never even have thought. I enjoyed my time and I would do it again if I could. I will be coming back to the CMA for my M2 exit. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly reccommend the CMA to anyone wanting a motorcycle licence. Even those of you who have been riding for many years b/c I guarantee there will be something you have missed. Nothing is more important than your safety!!!!! Anyone can ride a motorcycle at speed but controlling the motorcycle at slow speeds using the friction point is what will make you a better rider.

AND LET's NOT FORGET - - - - MOTORCYCLES GO WHERE YOU LOOK.

Take the course with the CMA you will not be disappointed. I wasn't. Loved it!!!!

I live in stoney creek and took the CMA course 2 summers ago, I learned a lot and had a great time there. The instructors were helpful, and the other people in the class were fun too. I would recommend that class to anyone. But those tiny seats on the test bikes really kill your *** after the 2 days of riding. Lol

I did the CMA course 2 weeks ago...

It was a great experience...

you learn on newer yamaha 125cc dirtbikes...
a bit small for me (cause i'm 6'6) but i still managed to finish the course successfully...

I learned a lot and it was well worth the $$...

i booked with the cma for may 6-8...have a cbr125 which i picked up march 19 and have been practicing on it...hopefully i'll pass it...

i booked with the cma for may 6-8...have a cbr125 which i picked up march 19 and have been practicing on it...hopefully i'll pass it...

if you have already ridden around on your 125, you will pass easily. Half the class had never sat on a motorcycle before their course at cma. One lady even crashed twice on saturday, but come sunday everyone passed the testing part and everyone passed with ease.
Its a fun weekend course, not meant to be hard or gruelling.

C M A canadian motocross association they never supported road racing in this country. marlyn basteto would send one of her lackys to the track (mosport) only to collect money then leave. they only know about dirtbikes,flattrackers & ice racing.

I took the course almost two years ago. I would highly recommend it! Very good instructors. I liked their no nonsense approach.

if you have already ridden around on your 125, you will pass easily...

Listen to the instructors; follow (and obey) their instructions. Failure to do so, I believe, could result in failing. Not sure if it still applies, but when I took the course, dropping your bike resulted in a failure.

Listen to the instructors; follow (and obey) their instructions. Failure to do so, I believe, could result in failing. Not sure if it still applies, but when I took the course, dropping your bike resulted in a failure.

had a great weekend...fabulous weather and very helpful instructors...out of 20, 17 passed (2 injuries and 1 failure)...i passed no problem with only 1 demerit point...come on may 14 so i can bring in my paperwork and convert to m2...

For those in hamilton area RTI teaches a course in St Catherines. a little bit closer and easier to get to than sauga.

dropping the bike only counts after the testing portion has started, even if you aren't actively riding (ie you've gotten off the bike waiting for your turn at the next test).

I did this course last year in mid April in the Kushies parking lot in Stoney Creek. Great bunch of instructors and I had a good time and really learned about handling a bike. The bikes they were using were yamaha 125s. This was also the most affordable course I could find in the area.

Highly recommended.

I just took this course (Friday the 13th weekend, May 2011) and passed. It was excellent. The instructors were fantastic. Really push you and make you realize your mistakes without centering people out or making them feel bad. Just kept reinforcing the riders until they 'got it'. Only had a couple who didnt pass. One due to just some bad luck and a slippery spot on a horribly wet day.

I can't say enough good things about the course. I will be returning to them to do my M2 Exit in a couple years. Also, my wife will be taking the courses next spring as well.

All the schools are 'good', as they teach simliar curriculums.

Some schools will offer different selections of bikes.
Some are more expensive.

But in the end all have hte potential to be a really good experience or a really meh one. It all boils down to what instructors you get and those are usually different from class to class.

Back
Top Bottom