Cager Criticism | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cager Criticism

howitt

So I'm riding home after work today and a cager in a blue van pulls up next to me as I am waiting at a light. I see he wants to say something so I flip up my visor and he asks if I have taken a motorcycle course. At first I thought he was asking because he was interested in getting his M licence. After I answer "yes" he pauses then tells me that I am riding in the wrong part of the lane. There were two lanes and I was in the right tire track of the left lane. I told him he was mistaken and that I am in fact in the correct blocking position for this lane. He tells me I'm wrong and then shakes his head and drives off. LOL, can you believe the guy... criticizing my riding as he sits in his van on a beautiful day like today!

Last edited:
some people just have nothing better to do in their days, you were right in your blocking position.

typical of most cagers. When there is a car going straight through a far right lane and I wait behind them rather then making my right I can see people in my mirror waving me to go. Most the time I would however when there is a cop close by I tend not to. You need to remember most cagers dont know many of the "Rules of the road". Many Ignorant people in the GTA. I could keep going but I think you get the point ;P.

wait where was the thread a few days ago by the track guy driving a van critiquing blocking position?
I hope it's not him.

maybe it's a movement.

was there room in the right hand lane? you should be riding in either the far right, or far left (on a highway), if you're on city streets, avoid te left lane. you cannot properly block the left lane when a left turning lane forms.

was there room in the right hand lane? you should be riding in either the far right, or far left (on a highway), if you're on city streets, avoid te left lane. you cannot properly block the left lane when a left turning lane forms.

i live in guelph and whenever i go to toronto (frequently) i'm not sure if i should be riding in the right lane when there's cars parked on the side. would that be better than the left lane, which has all your streetcar tracks and what nots?

Sorry but I dont feel like being behind a bus every few blocks or people slowing to make a turn my entire ride home. Not to mention being restricted to the lane with all the parked cars, sewer grates and the majority of the road damage.

Isnt the far left lane on the highway suppose to be the passing lane? I rarely venture to that lane since I have a drz400 which doesnt run very well above 110 km/h. On the highway I tend to stick to the slow lane.

i live in guelph and whenever i go to toronto (frequently) i'm not sure if i should be riding in the right lane when there's cars parked on the side. would that be better than the left lane, which has all your streetcar tracks and what nots?
If there are streetcar tracks you ride in the middle of them. Most streets with streetcar tracks have vehicles parked in the right lane, if you ride there you're risking someone opening a car door without looking.

The streetcar track are not so bad till you hit an intersections . . . . (><)

Agreed. Sorry, but alot of this motorcycling 101 stuff loses all meaning in Toronto traffic.

As for the nosy no-nothing in the van...get a good pair of ear buds. I have no interest in anything anyone has to say to me casually in traffic. Id rather not hear them at all.

Sorry but I dont feel like being behind a bus every few blocks or people slowing to make a turn my entire ride home. Not to mention being restricted to the lane with all the parked cars, sewer grates and the majority of the road damage.

Isnt the far left lane on the highway suppose to be the passing lane? I rarely venture to that lane since I have a drz400 which doesnt run very well above 110 km/h. On the highway I tend to stick to the slow lane.

When he asked you about the MSF class....what you should have said is "I was not a part of that class."

Some drivers are told as a generality that riders should be in the left track of all lanes, and then the subject changes.
You took a course, they taught you what you need to do, apply it.
As mentioned you were in the correct position, other motorists' remarks/opinions are irrelevant as long as you follow your training and common sense. :)

Just 2 days ago,

I was on Steeles heading West to Mississauga, and some big dude in his Black Truck pulls up beside me and says to me " Nice bike" I replied thank you. Then he said to me " hopefully When You crash it, call me and i'll buy it off you"...

my first response was " Go **** Yourself and I took off

Not sure if i re-acted the right way or not...I was pretty annoyed that someone would say that to a rider knowing that if a crash occurs (knock on wood) that a rider could be seriouisly injured

Back
Top Bottom