Belize..or… | GTAMotorcycle.com

Belize..or…

jc100

Anyone been to Belize? It’s the only Central American country I’ve not been to. Thinking about a holiday next year and perhaps somewhere new.

Criteria:

1. Good wildlife
2. Interesting history
3. No KFC/McDonalds/Starbucks
4. Decent local food
5. Bonus for Spanish speaking
6. $CDN needs to go reasonably far-no Dutch administered islands/rich islands/rich crap in general.
7. Reasonably safe
8. More likely to book an AirBnB and rent a car than do any hotels.

Might head to Colombia or Peru or similar if not but now flights are getting longer and more expensive. Maybe Nicaragua again (great place).

Anyone been to Belize? It’s the only Central American country I’ve not been to. Thinking about a holiday next year and perhaps somewhere new.

Criteria:

1. Good wildlife
2. Interesting history
3. No KFC/McDonalds/Starbucks
4. Decent local food
5. Bonus for Spanish speaking
6. $CDN needs to go reasonably far-no Dutch administered islands/rich islands/rich crap in general.
7. Reasonably safe
8. More likely to book an AirBnB and rent a car than do any hotels.

Might head to Colombia or Peru or similar if not but now flights are getting longer and more expensive. Maybe Nicaragua again (great place).
I've been there and got my scuba license there too.
We didn't stay long in Belize City, but headed to the Caye Caulker right away and absolutely loved it. From there we headed out by boat for day trips or just chilled out on the island. Lot's of nice restaurants too and super relaxing vibe.

I've been there and got my scuba license there too.
We didn't stay long in Belize City, but headed to the Caye Caulker right away and absolutely loved it. From there we headed out by boat for day trips or just chilled out on the island. Lot's of nice restaurants too and super relaxing vibe.

Is it generally pricey or a mix?

Is it generally pricey or a mix?
I'm sure it's more pricey than Nica, but in fairness I was there in 2013 and very broke at the time, so everything in life felt pricey.
In hindsight it felt fairly priced for being on islands and I would fully recommend.

Back
Top Bottom