Belair Direct | GTAMotorcycle.com

Belair Direct

MotoX

Hello GTAM,

Insurance renewal time for me...this insurance company seems to have great rates, literally half of what I'm paying with TD. Are these rates legit? Is this a bait and switch tactic? Would be interested to hear your experiences with Belair Direct.

Thank you.

Make sure you are comparing the same coverages. Apples to apples as it were.

If you have not shopped your insurance in many years, it is possible. All companies like to take advantage of their long standing clients that just sign back the renewal.

I didn't know Belair did motorcycles, I'll be sure to check next year.

Anytime I got an online number it changed once I called in and they took a full history and all the info.

Back in '08, when I got back into riding, I had my insurance company at the time, TD, quote several bikes for me to get an idea of cost before purchasing a bike. One of the bikes was a 1000 Ninja, which was somewhere around $2000/year. With the assumption that was about as high as it would get, I went shopping. I bought an '03 GSX750F, which I still ride today. When I call TD for insurance they quoted me $3250/year. I then called State Farm and got insured for $950/year. TD classified it as a sport bike, but that still didn't explain why it was more than the 1000 Ninja.

Belair is under the Intact umbrella. They insure a couple of our vehicles.

House is $420 with Belair Direct VS TD $1300. What's the catch? Is Belair stealing loyal customers from TD and then raising the rates the following year? I see a lot of complaints about Belair Direct here. But that's probably the case with any insurance company...but these complaints seem particularly nasty:

Their Website says they don't do Motorcycle Insurance in Ontario!! What's the deal here??
@MotoX did you actually have them quote Motorcycle Insurance?? Perhaps you are not in Ontario?

We've had Belair Direct insurance for our vehicles for 25 years and home insurance for 20, great rates but when I ask about motorcycle insurance they say not in Ontario.

1717070938353.png

Back
Top Bottom