Assistance appreciated: need new chain quickly | GTAMotorcycle.com

Assistance appreciated: need new chain quickly

jeero

Site Supporter
Hey fellow GTAM'ers.

Today my chain's age and wear has become very apparent and I am in dire need to replace it.
I was going to try soaking it in oil overnight but unfortunately it does not have a removable master link and I don't really want to take a grinder to it since it'll then become useless (besides, I think it's the stock chain, or close to it).

I am now at a point where I need a new chain (and sprockets) but here's the catch: I am leaving sunday morning to Montreal with a friend for 4 days and my bike MUST come with me and be in working order (hauling/trailering it).

I would appreciate if anyone knows (and would like to share) any Canada-based motorcycle parts supplier that would have the parts I am looking for. It can either be a store that I drive to or an online retailer that has express shipping (overnight basically).
I can do the labor myself and have all the tools I need except for a chain breaker, but I am sure I can get that at Clare's cycle or something.

My bike is an SV650S and the stock configuration is 15T/44T 108 Links.
I actually want to move up to 16T/44T but if I have to stick to stock configuration for now I am fine with that as well.

Thanks ahead!

TO Cycle, lakeshore, should have it. Or try pro6, should be able to get it for friday if you order it tomorrow.

For quick delivery, I'd look into either Blue Streak Racing or Pete's Superbike. For local pickup your best bet is likely Sturgess Cycle.

If you need any help with the install let me know.

Perhaps you don't even need to.order from.Pete? You could just take.it right to him and have him do it.on the spot if you book something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

Thanks fellow GTAM'ers. :king:

I am at work today but I will make phone calls on my lunch to get prices and see who has them in stock.

Bluestreakracing.

And a decent chain breaker and chain riveter will cost you almost as much as the chain will.

Riders choice is local and has good prices, royal distributing sells a chain diverting tool for $40

Bluestreakracing.

And a decent chain breaker and chain riveter will cost you almost as much as the chain will.

I have a brake line flaring kit that I can probably fiddle with and figure it out while I wait for my 20$ chain breaker from ebay (coming from china of course).

BSRacing is on my list of places to call today. :)

Back
Top Bottom