Anyone want to split the cost of an HID kit with me? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone want to split the cost of an HID kit with me?

Repooc

First off, I don't think this thread belongs in the "group buy" sub-forum, because I only need one other person to buy this product with me and I'm not engaging the vendor for a deal.

Secondly, I have no affiliation with the vendor... I'm just looking for a good deal and hoping someone else from GTAM can benefit as well.

I have a Ducati Monster, which has a single headlight configuration and takes a single H4-type Hi/Lo bulb. I've been shopping around for an HID slim ballast upgrade kit, and came across this ad on Kijiji from a local GTA retailer:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...im-Ballasts-Kits-BRAND-NEW-W0QQAdIdZ232263121

As you'll see the "dual" kit costs $75 while the "single" kit costs $50. Like I said above, I only need a single kit, but would rather split the cost with someone else on the dual kit and pay only $37.50, opposed to $50 (yes, I'm that cheap).

Of course, this would be best for anyone else who has a bike with a single H4-bulb headlight configuration. From the kijiji post it looks like it'll be $37.50 flat (no tax), if we do split the cost 50/50... I'm sure we can share or photocopy the one manual that is supplied with the dual kit ;) Also, I'm looking to purchase the 6000k temperature kit (8000k is too blue for my liking).

Just contact me via PM on this website, and lets try to set something up. I live out in Durham region (East end of GTA), if that helps at all... it looks like this vendor is located in the North-Scarborough-ish area.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Please explain how $75 dual kit split 50/50 is $35 each. :p Also, have you called the guy and asked if he has the H4 hi/lo? If he does, he may not have them in the dual since most bikes that need the hi/lo, need only one bulb.

Please explain how $75 dual kit split 50/50 is $35 each. :p Also, have you called the guy and asked if he has the H4 hi/lo? If he does, he may not have them in the dual since most bikes that need the hi/lo, need only one bulb.

Gah, I was working with $70 in my head... corrected in original post (thanks for the heads up)

Yeah, I confirmed the single kit is H4 Hi/Lo.... I'll confirm that the dual kit is as well and report back. However, most other retailers I have engaged simply "double up" their H4 Hi/Lo single kit to make up a "dual" hit

LOL, I was just messing with you. Anyways, good luck with your buy, I have the dual H7 from the same guy, still running strong and a great price.

hey i might be interested if you still want to split it! my bike uses a 9003/H4 as well,, right now i have a silverstar ultra but i would like it a bit brighter!

Yeah, I confirmed the single kit is H4 Hi/Lo.... I'll confirm that the dual kit is as well and report back. However, most other retailers I have engaged simply "double up" their H4 Hi/Lo single kit to make up a "dual" hit

So called back the vendor this morning and confirmed that the "Dual Kit" does indeed have TWO H4 Hi-Lo Bulbs (essentially just two "Single Kits" packaged together).

Hit me up via PM if you're interested in splitting this cost with me.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom