Anyone know somebody that will come safety my bike?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know somebody that will come safety my bike??

Tiggy

I just called rosey toes and they dont have certificates still. I want to find someone that will come and safety my bike at my house in the east york area. Anyone know anybody willing to do this for decent price? I was hoping to have my bike on the road by the end of this week;)

Message "Lummer" He's a buddy of mine and he's a licensed mechanic and I'm pretty sure he can do it for you.

Technically no one can legally do it, as a certification has to be performed in a licensed shop.

Technically no one can legally do it, as a certification has to be performed in a licensed shop.

Really? I didn't know that. I just thought they had to have their mechanics license.

Very true. I never understood why nobody else would take on this niche little market, until I was told that the license to do safety is tied to the premises of the shop. I don't really see how that is important, because the mechanic doesn't need the shop to perform a safety inspection, but that's for another debate.

I was discussing this very thing with a Mechanic about a month ago.

The reason why it has to be at the shop, is that the ministry will come to the shop to make sure that it has the proper equipment for the job (one specific mention was a headlight aiming test). Without coming to the shop to check, they won't give license to write safeties - therefore it's a combination of the mechanic and the shop itself that is licensed to write safeties.

That said, I'll still be calling Ted when I need to safety :)

The reason why it has to be at the shop, is that the ministry will come to the shop to make sure that it has the proper equipment for the job (one specific mention was a headlight aiming test). Without coming to the shop to check, they won't give license to write safeties - therefore it's a combination of the mechanic and the shop itself that is licensed to write safeties.

I'd love to hear what specific equipment is needed for headlight aiming test ... LOL Sounds like BS to me, but I was wrong before.

Back
Top Bottom