$73 Chinese handheld welders | GTAMotorcycle.com

$73 Chinese handheld welders

adri

Site Supporter
Does anyone have any personal experience with these chinese made handheld welders from Temu and the like?

9574119b-3127-46b6-a463-f95c7f5e27ac.jpg

Not my video, I just like how succinct it is:

Do I need a welder? No.
Could I have used one in the past when my trailer fenders started crapping out left and right? Yup.
Am I looking for an excuse to try his? Absolutely.
Do I have any idea what I'm doing? 100% not.

Does anyone have any personal experience with these chinese made handheld welders from Temu and the like?

Do I need a welder? No.
Could I have used one in the past when my trailer fenders started crapping out left and right? Yup.
I weld like I cook - don't ask me for help.

I once watched a guy weld up an exhaust manifold with 2 car batteries and a pair of jumper cables... I betcha this is better... at least a LITTLE better

With welders being so cheap, I would look at a cheap multi function welder before I bought this.
Those were pretty decent beads out of a hand held device, but I betcha the transformer craps out quick

Do I need a welder? No.
On the TEMU front, if they ship you one with a euro plug that requires 220V, it will be a bugger to use. Personally, I'd rather get one of the poverty suitcase welders. I think of the drill style like a laptop where packaging is the top priority and everything else is sacrificed. The small suitcases should have better thermal management, lighter weight in hand and a much smaller stinger to ease access in tight spaces. Something like the harbor freight titanium seems to punch well above its cost.

So it's a 110v stick welder with the electronics stuffed into into an unwieldly electrode holder made to look like an impact gun? I'd be looking for a traditional stick welder where you can replace the electrode holder a lot easier (if at all). Will probably be cheaper too, if you find one of similar quality. Princess Auto had this one for $50 but is currently sold out:

Do I need a welder? No.
Better off with a little box multifunction MMA and Lift Tig. You can get one for $80 off Amazon. A Lift Tig torch adds another $60 + the cost of an Argon bottle.

$79.99 HITBOX 135A Stick Welder, 110/220V Dual Voltage 2 IN 1 ARC MMA Lift TIG Welder Machine with Synergic Control, Mini...

Back
Top Bottom