2024 Honda 650s | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Honda 650s

VTEC has an upside I consider useful. More complication for little benefit sounds more German than Japanese.

As someone who has commuted for an hour each way in downtown traffic, I'd say an e-clutch is infinitely more beneficial than almost any other tech advances Honda has come out with in the past.

Agree. How many people actually have an issue with the clutch weight on a 650? I think it should scare away more buyers than it attracts for all the reasons you listed.
Lots of people nowadays have no concept of operating a manual clutch. A manual transmission in a car is an antitheft device. If an autoclutch helps getting new riders riding ... that's good.

I question in Ontario how many new riders could possibly afford a 650/4 and the steep insurance premium.
I like the tech ( over their previous "automatic" ) but cannot see a lot of uptake. Not sure why a 400 version which in an inline 4 still has lots of power yet stays in the Learner range for other countries, would not make more sense.
Now there is a case for aging riders like me who have hand problems to like the idea of a quickish 650/4 and no clutching. Normally they would be the ones with the coin and also be dropping down from bigger machines.
The new rider tho? nah

Back
Top Bottom