200 tire size too big for street? | GTAMotorcycle.com

200 tire size too big for street?

Charlie

My friend was moving and gave me a brand new set of tires. He used to drag race so I have a set of Shinko Drag Race tires. Not that I need them but will they fit on my rim on my R6? Are they even any good on the street.

Can't argue with free.

He paid 360 for the set

A 190 is about as wide you want to go on a 5.5" rim that your R6 has. Unless some tire manufacturer suggest a 200 on 5.5" is ok.

If they're free and if you can put them on without a big hassle, give them a shot. I'd do it just to see how that will affect the bike's handling, but I wouldn't plan on switching to 200 permanently.

dude, u should call a shop and get your questions answered

My friend was moving and gave me a brand new set of tires. He used to drag race so I have a set of Shinko Drag Race tires. Not that I need them but will they fit on my rim on my R6? Are they even any good on the street.

Can't argue with free.

He paid 360 for the set
Those SHINKOS are just for that, drag racing, dont expect to get much miles out of them on the street, sticky as hell, used them on the busa, but not when on the streets and had 200 HPX MICHELIN tire & went back down to 180, so much fun on the street, improved corning, leaning/turning blah blah blah-amd IMO $360 is to much for them for the set when you can get way better tires/brands for that price

Last edited:
If those are the tires that I think they are, the rear has a rather flat profile. Great for drag racing because of the bigger contact patch. Terrible for street riding because the steering will always want to stand up and go straight - it won't want to turn. It will be like riding on a worn-out tire - worn flat in the middle.

The only corner a drag bike needs to make, is the one at the far end by the timing shack.

Changing the width of your tires changes the handling of your bike. If you are not aware of what the changes will be, I'd tread carefully (pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom