1982 Molson Superbike Challenge at Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

1982 Molson Superbike Challenge at Shannonville

Not going to lie, racing used to be better when sponsored by tobacco and alcohol companies.. lol

Great vids!

Reminds me of my childhood growing up 10mins down the highway. My dad and I used to spend many weekends spectating and running his bike down the strip. If only Shannonville got 1/4 amount of the spectators they used to with the same enthusiasm, things might turn around.

Great find. Wish it was still like this.

Those were the days! I guess you really are a product of your time. Modern superbikes are better in every way yet don't provide the spectating buzz of those old monsters. Hard to figure.

Those were the days! I guess you really are a product of your time. Modern superbikes are better in every way yet don't provide the spectating buzz of those old monsters. Hard to figure.

They didn't have Xbox in 1982.

I want to disagree with you, but after going to both the CSBK and VRRA at Mosport this year, the VRRA was much more entertaining. It has such a great atmosphere that is less about competing and more about everyone having a good time and thrashing their old machines. Watching some of the old bikes getting ridden proper fast looks waaaay more sketchy than any CSBK race lol.

Does anyone know when they added the other sections to the track, and when the back straight/strip was added? I was 2 years old at the time of these videos and it doesn't look to be there yet?

Back when the crows were huge!
402961_10151486041826535_1818000860_n.jpg

16521_10151486043596535_168051691_n.jpg

If you want more history, check out this facebook page. It's all old photos from 70s and 80s racing at Shannonville.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/533885496621844/

Back
Top Bottom