S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Thanks to the SOAR crew for a great weekend. The only way it could have gone better was if the weather cooperated.
    I learned a lot on the Friday session and had a lot of track time over the weekend.
    Big thanks to the marshals who stood out in the crappy weather all weekend so that we could burn fuel and melt rubber!
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Awesome weekend ... Saw ya out there sircastic! Everyone rode really well.

(SOAR #64 FZR400 here)

Thanks to all the racers out this weekend it was in no small measure that things ran as smoothly as it did if not for the efforts of the racers. There was some awesome races this weekend in a pile of classes. The Rookie Challenge was one of my favourites.
    Our new timing system was a great success and worked almost flawlessly the mistakes that were made were human error not system errors. Chris Keene from Zoomius was here to help all weekend and we couldnt have done it without him. Between the upgrades and investment by Uli TMP is well on the way to becoming a premier facility and I am glad to be a small part of that.
    We saw some great action in Superbike with Rupert,Buzby,Millson,Gibson up front Too bad Ross had to pack it in before the finals because oif suspension problems. He did stop over and say he was coming back and bringing freinds so I am excited to see what the level will be raised to.
    Keep in mind we have new lap records in all classes and they will be posted as soon as we can get organized on our end. They will also come in every weekends program and will be available online.
    Thanks to all from your freinds at SOAR especially the TMPCS the new marshall organization for a great job and good numbers.
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 05-11-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Had a great time this weekend, and even though I got DNF's in both of my classes I still had a blast.

Thanks to Ken, Tracy and all of the staff that helped out this weekend.

Thanks to all of the marshalls, you guys did a great job .

Thanks to Brad from Pro6 Cycles for helping me with my bike issues.

Cant wait till June
    Last edited by dvu3; 05-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

where can i find the results?

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Big Congrats to our own Dan Dubeau in winning his first ever feature race in Lost Era.

Just found this pic

SOAR did a great job with round #1. It was a top class weekend in my books. Thank to the SOAR Group and the Marshall's.

I had a good weekend:

Heats

Novice Superbike 1st.
    Novice Open Sprint 1st.
    Novice 600 Extreme 2nd.

Finals

Novice Superbike 1st. (4th outright with Experts)
    Novice Open Sprint 1st. (3rd outright with Experts)
    Novice 600 Extreme 3rd. (6th outright with Experts)

Novice 600 race the air temp was 6C and the track temp was 4C. Too cold to push. Superbike race was a blast, I had 3rd outright after Buzby crashed until lap 12 of 15 when James passed me on his 1000rr.

Hope to see more ppl out during the season.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Big Congrats to our own Dan Dubeau in winning his first ever feature race in Lost Era.

Just found this pic
    Thanks John. It was a great race. And very tough. 747 on the ZX7 put up a hell of a fight. It's going to be a tough year for me and the F3 in lost era, and even tougher in rookie. Alot of good racers out there, and it didn't matter where in the pack you were there were good battles.

Was a great weekend all around, and a big thanks to the SOAR crew, TMP crew, the Marshal crew, Dave and Bridgestone tires for keeping me shiney side up all weekend, Tracy for all her hard work, and of course the biggest thanks goes out to Ken. All your hard work is starting to pay off, and without you I wouldn't have been out there. You've worked your *** off to get SOAR where it is, and you deserve a big thanks from me and everybody that came out this weekend to watch and participate in some great racing.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Just found this pic
    You can see the smile. Good pic....Better race! Congrats!

I too have to comment on how great the weekend was. Here I am at work looking out the window at the great weather and I can't help but wonder WTF??? Where was this weather all weekend!

With the exception of the rain on Saturday and near sub zero temperature on Sunday, the inaugural SOAR weekend was a major success. Dan and I spent a bit of time walking around to the pits to talk to as many riders as we could to see if we could do anything to improve the weekend. Seemed that everyone was happy with how things were going. If you were there and have some feedback, please feel free to send it to either Ken (kneedragger88 ), Dan Dubeau, Al (robbjr), or myself. We would love to hear your thoughts on what we did right and what we can do differently in June (already looking forward to it).

A number of thank you's have already been posted, but one more to mention is to Lindsay Thompson. He did a great job on the announcing as well as at the awards presentation.

See you all in June, but I hope to hear from you sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau View Post
    where can i find the results?
    We got home at midnight so we will try to post today. In the future there will be a zoomius link on our site.

MY hat is off to you Ken for a job well done.

I came out and saw some improvements, some cool ideas (the finish line was neato) and some good racing.

Hopefully, one day, I can get a bike, learn how to ride it, and I'd be pleased to duke it out on track.

Further, I hope the weather works out better for the rest of the season (damn, I am a human, not a meat popsicle in a freezer) and the turn out is better for the racers. Be cool to see some 30+ bike fields, cause the racing was close even with what came out this weekend.

Re: new track school for track newbs

You know that after she tries it your gonna have a big project on your hands getting her 250 all setup for the track right! That or she's gonna want her own R6... Wait a minute who's gonna take pics and joke around about how slow you are?

For anybody on the fence about doing this, all I can say is these guys are the best and keep me safe. Donald, Chris, Vin and Andre have all at one point or another taught me and I can't thank them enough, it's awesome they can be going at what you think is wicked fast showing you the correct line and meanwhile look back at you well doing it and give you feedback as your riding, doesn't get any better. I'd be doing the course, but Donald insist i'm not a newb anymore...

Great Program Donald !,

Since it's a regular trackday during the day in July It would be a good opportunity for me to do a trackday then the wife could try it out after on her baby ninja..
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    You know that after she tries it your gonna have a big project on your hands getting her 250 all setup for the track right! That or she's gonna want her own R6... Wait a minute who's gonna take pics and joke around about how slow you are?
    I've already got got 6 bikes squeezed in the garage, I don't think any more would fit............................................... Who am I kidding,, There's always room for more bikes

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'll be doing the course, Donald insists i'm still a newb....
    Fixed your typo

Lets make this interesting So who is the slowest rider DaveP or CBRJOHN? I guess I have to wait and see the races.

Quote Originally Posted by K4GSXXXR View Post
    Lets make this interesting So who is the slowest rider DaveP or CBRJOHN? I guess I have to wait and see the races.
    Guess we'll find out in 10 days ..

In all honesty, Dave and I are almost exactly the same speed. At the first round our qualifying times were .010 seconds apart.. He didn't make the final because of mechanical problems.

We've both been progressing at lowering our lap times at about the same pace. And I know I had a ball dicing it up with Dave at the last TMP track day.
    Each one of us is faster than the other on different parts of the track. But the overall lap times are very close..

We'll see the effect that Toastman tuning Dave's suspension will have on lap times.

I was talking to the Wifey last night, As she's a SOAR Marshall and comes to the trackdays she sees the speeds done on those days.. She's a street rider and has never done track speeds..

With the high student to instructor ratio will the riders be grouped and the speeds progressed at the riders comfort levels ? Fast lap times aren't her concern.. She's just interested in seeing what it's all about..
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 06-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Ya I talk allot of smack but i'm still slow! John's bang on we run virtually identical lap times, actualy it's kind of a 3-way right now with John, Simon and me, all virtually identical times... I've got a few tricks I wanna try...

Guess we'll find out in 10 days ..

In all honesty, Dave and I are almost exactly the same speed. At the first round our qualifying times were .010 seconds apart.. He didn't make the final because of mechanical problems.

We've both been progressing at lowering our lap times at about the same pace. And I know I had a ball dicing it up with Dave at the last TMP track day.
    Each one of us is faster than the other on different parts of the track. But the overall lap times are very close..

We'll see the effect that Toastman tuning Dave's suspension will have on lap times.

I was talking to the Wifey last night, As she's a SOAR Marshall and comes to the trackdays she sees the speeds done on those days.. She's a street rider and has never done track speeds..

With the high student to instructor ratio will the riders be grouped and the speeds progressed at the riders comfort levels ? Fast lap times aren't her concern.. She's just interested in seeing what it's all about..
    SOAR Novice #113