HID group buy - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID group buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HID group buy

I just thought of something... warranty. If we all buy through 1 person then that person will be the original owner and warranty will likely need to go through that person. How has this been handled with past group buys?
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Really I hear bad reviews on them on my car forum. Ok not bad but many say they are the same quality as the cheap china brands. My thinking always was unless you have a retrofit oem then they will all give you problems down the road.

To me driving down 20mins on the 401 beats shipping out and waiting for a replacement on warranty.

Only when they aren't aimed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Only when they aren't aimed properly.
    Conventional lights aren't designed with a tight enough pattern to properly deal with HID's. They assume there is very little light that will fire off in other directions (which is true with normal bulbs). If your bike came with stock projectors, it may work with HID's but I have never seen normal lights work well with HID's.

Rationalize all you want, your lights are either aimed at the ground right in front of your bike (useless but cool looking) or blinding everybody else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Conventional lights aren't designed with a tight enough pattern to properly deal with HID's. They assume there is very little light that will fire off in other directions (which is true with normal bulbs). If your bike came with stock projectors, it may work with HID's but I have never seen normal lights work well with HID's.

Rationalize all you want, your lights are either aimed at the ground right in front of your bike (useless but cool looking) or blinding everybody else.
    People just dont understand...
    I drive for a living and lost count of the amount of times i have been completely blinded by these **** *** kits...you can see the glare from toysareforboys bike and its daytime lol

Banned

below image summarizes it quite well lol

Banned

Heres your ddm you guys get so excited about

Banned

Even trucks arent exempt from this retard thinking thats going on

I could keep posting but i think you guys get the idea

Banned

one more hahah this ones too good

oh what the hell, heres a video on this mental retardation that is sweeping the country

http://youtu.be/NMddE1TiSWM
    Last edited by Dohhh; 10-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.

My projector mod in my r6. Will post cut off pics later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My List of Bikes
    2008 Yamaha R6 - Raven
    Ohlins Steering Damper | FXR Dual Halo Projectors | Pazzo Adjustable Levers | Pitbull Spools | Shogun Frame Sliders | Double Bubble Windscreen
    Passenger Peg LED | Hotbodies Undertail - Smoke| Hotbodies Racing Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signals | LED Third Eye | Fender Eliminator

Quote Originally Posted by robertojiang View Post
    My projector mod in my r6. Will post cut off pics later
    HAWT! My GF just ordered projectors for her R6 (with devil eyes and angel eyes).

You go 35 watts? What bulb temp/colour?

She went 55 watts, 3,000k with dual low beams

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Went with 35w 6000k as I like a whiter light compared to yellow. 55w is about 1000 lumens brighter but dies faster in the end.

Isn't both angel and devil eyes overdoing it? Mine are dual halo with fxr projectors and clear lens.

My List of Bikes
    2008 Yamaha R6 - Raven
    Ohlins Steering Damper | FXR Dual Halo Projectors | Pazzo Adjustable Levers | Pitbull Spools | Shogun Frame Sliders | Double Bubble Windscreen
    Passenger Peg LED | Hotbodies Undertail - Smoke| Hotbodies Racing Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signals | LED Third Eye | Fender Eliminator

Went with 35w 6000k as I like a whiter light compared to yellow. 55w is about 1000 lumens brighter but dies faster in the end. Isn't both angel and devil eyes overdoing it? Mine are dual halo with fxr projectors and clear lens.
    Nice! Why not go with 4,500k-5,000k if you wanted white? I think you'll lose about 18% of the light going from 4,500k to 6,000k.

I've never had a 55 watt kit burn a bulb or ballast or igniter or anything, ever. Had em for three years on my 08 R6 and did 40,000km with them

They worked so good I was pondering going with 75 watt or 100 watt HID's for my new bike, but was unsure how the factory projectors would handle them.

Because she went with dual low beams, the devil eyes and angle eyes will be her daytime "running" lights, and at night will be the projectors

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I think you'll lose about 18% of the light going from 4,500k to 6,000k.
    You lose about the same when you go to 3000k as well.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

At 6000k, it is just as white with the slightest tint of blue and that is not noticeable at all. I couldn't really tell that mine had blue in it cause they look exactly like the 5000k even though the bulbs were labelled 6000.

My setup is slightly different. My dual angel eyes are my DRL, then I have dual lowbeam for night and dual highbeam when I really need them to blind people (those that install HID's without bothering to lower their headlight to not blind traffic) or just to let people that popos are around. I've seen pictures with devil and angel eyes and it just doesn't suit my taste. Each person has their own preference in flavour.

Lol 75w or 100w. Aren't you afraid of melting your headlights? Replacement for headlights are expensive at about 200+ a pop.

My List of Bikes
    2008 Yamaha R6 - Raven

Banned

At 6000k, it is just as white with the slightest tint of blue and that is not noticeable at all. I couldn't really tell that mine had blue in it cause they look exactly like the 5000k even though the bulbs were labelled 6000.

My setup is slightly different. My dual angel eyes are my DRL, then I have dual lowbeam for night and dual highbeam when I really need them to blind people (those that install HID's without bothering to lower their headlight to not blind traffic) or just to let people that popos are around. I've seen pictures with devil and angel eyes and it just doesn't suit my taste. Each person has their own preference in flavour.

Lol 75w or 100w. Aren't you afraid of melting your headlights? Replacement for headlights are expensive at about 200+ a pop.

Afraid? He rides on cords lol

A projector for halogens is not the same as a projector for HID......so it doesn't matter if your bike has projectors stock, they still may not focus the HID light correctly. The lens shape is very different for a halogen projector when compared to an HID projector.

Not apples to apples .

Only way to do it right is to retrofit a true HID projector.

Anyone looking to do a retrofit on a bike that has a single headlight for hi and lo beams, LMK...I intend to do a triple bi-xenon true hi and lo setup on my 929, and will have a leftover set as I will need to buy 2 pairs. If I can't sell the last set, I will keep it as a spare.
    Last edited by omnivore; 10-30-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    A projector for halogens is not the same as a projector for HID......so it doesn't matter if your bike has projectors stock, they still may not focus the HID light correctly. The lens shape is very different for a halogen projector when compared to an HID projector.

Not apples to apples .
    No one cares, as long as they got that cool blue light yo

If anyone is interested in going the HID route, the right way, with a true retrofit, I am willing to see if I can get a group buy going.

But realize, true retrofit is expensive. It won't be a $60 cheap ebay plug and play setup like the other crap you see all over the internet, and it will/ may require some work and time on your part to install it. However the results will be like what you see on some high end OEM European sports cars.... tons of clean high quality lighting, without scattered hot spots and blinding oncoming drivers.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by elton_t View Post
    bought at ddmtuning also few days ago, everyone on audi, bmw, bikes every forum people are recommending ddm, can't go wrong i guess
    I just installed my DDM kit couple weeks ago and was out today. Everything works well. Big difference

FYI

My kit is a dual H4 dual ballast 6000k

I posted some vid if you do a search in the Kitchener Waterloo section
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"