Ministry of transportation test / religious objects | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ministry of transportation test / religious objects

Araqiels

A quick question. Is this normal?
My girlfriend went for a roadtest today (auto), and the old man testing her, demanded she removed the cross she has attached to her rear view mirror. In no manner was this cross blocking her view of the mirror, but the old man insisted it be removed or he would not be continuing the test.

In the end, she failed anyhow.

Is there a complaints department for the MOT?

dont complain, they will black list her she will never pass, maybe the tester was the devil?

A quick question. Is this normal?

Is there a complaints department for the MOT?

1-800-gf-is-wrong

Seriously, as a biker you should be backing up the MTO guy.

Have you seen how much vision of the average car is blocked by crosses,gps,furry dices etc etc?

Wait till you have a left turn cager turn in front of you.

It may not have been blocking her view, but it could be distracting and therefore unsafe. Good on him for making her remove it.

I can understand y he did it if he felt it may have been distracting, but if he did it to discriminate than u should complain.

Anything that clouds the mind has no place in a car. I mean obstructs vision.

Sounds like she doomed herself by getting into a argument with the instructor before the test even started, if she had said sorry sir I will put it in the glove box right away she might have passed. You are not allowed to have anything hanging from your mirror during the test and getting into an argument with the person who can pass or fail you is not the brightest move if you want to pass.

Maybe he was a Vampire. Did she finish the test before sunrise? If not I think you lose a bunch of points.

The good news is I believe the MOT complaint departmernt is full of Lycans.

Last edited:
Equipment obstructing view

Signs, objects, etc.

Equipment obstructing view

Signs, objects, etc.

73. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway,

(a) with any sign, poster or other non-transparent material or object placed on the windshield or on any window of such motor vehicle; or

(b) with any object placed in, hung on or attached to the motor vehicle,
in a manner that will obstruct the driver’s view of the highway or any intersecting highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (1).

My girlfriend went for a roadtest today (auto), and the old man testing her, demanded she removed the cross she has attached to her rear view mirror. In no manner was this cross blocking her view of the mirror, but the old man insisted it be removed or he would not be continuing the test.
Oh that's just awful God help her.

In the end, she failed anyhow.
I guess in the end God didn't help her.

Superstition has no place where your life is involved.
But it's not just any superstition, it's God! You know God, the invisible man in the sky God!

Speaking of which, where is George these days?
[video=youtube;gESV_0JjTnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESV_0JjTnQ[/video]

It wasn't her car, and she's not even religious. She didn't make an arguement about it. But thanks to the majority of the respondants for their input about their religious opinions. That was very important to me, and without these opinions, I could not make my own conclusion regarding matters of spirituality, or religious doctrine. Now casting aside that segment of responders, I do sincerely appreciate the gentlemen who cited me the highway regulations act pertaining to this, and the respondant who stated she would be blacklisted from passing. You two are both correct, and thus, have discouraged me from filing a complaint.

Lastly, to the guy who said "as a biker, you should be backing up the MOT guy", I can only retort with a question. Have you seen the kinds of drivers that are on the road? Muchless, have you seen some of the idiotic motorcycle riders that share the road with them? Somebody passed them, and that takes away my inclination to support the organization, and the testers that did.

image.php.jpg

In my experience, anything hanging from the rear view can 'hide' a pedestrian - for example while the driver is making a right turn (the hanging object can cover the pedestrian crossing or a cyclist riding across). Also, because it swings around, it may take attention away from movement on the road (since more objects are moving, a vehicle on the road may get camouflaged), so the driver might not see the pedestrian crossing the street. You know, kinda like that concept of gently swerving in your lane while approaching an intersection catches a oncoming cager's eye? That ceases to happen cos the drivers eye already sees and is accustomed to a moving object (ie the thing hanging from the rear view).

If I remember correctly, the g2 course talks about not hanging anything on the rear view mirror. But that's a minor thing that people may not remember. I guess it's the ministry dude's job to enforce every rule and not turn a blind eye. But IMO the dude should have told her why she should remove the cross rather than just insist and risk appearing racist.

Good luck to her on the retest! Sometimes it's just pure bad luck that fails a person.

In my experience, anything hanging from the rear view can 'hide' a pedestrian - for example while the driver is making a right turn (the hanging object can cover the pedestrian crossing or a cyclist riding across). Also, because it swings around, it may take attention away from movement on the road (since more objects are moving, a vehicle on the road may get camouflaged), so the driver might not see the pedestrian crossing the street. You know, kinda like that concept of gently swerving in your lane while approaching an intersection catches a oncoming cager's eye? That ceases to happen cos the drivers eye already sees and is accustomed to a moving object (ie the thing hanging from the rear view).

If I remember correctly, the g2 course talks about not hanging anything on the rear view mirror. But that's a minor thing that people may not remember. I guess it's the ministry dude's job to enforce every rule and not turn a blind eye. But IMO the dude should have told her why she should remove the cross rather than just insist and risk appearing racist.

Good luck to her on the retest! Sometimes it's just pure bad luck that fails a person.

It explains all those female asian vehicles of death. They have stuffed animals or some stupid **** hanging on every window.... WHY?!

Believe it or not (sic!), religious crap would be very low on my list in this case. First by far are morons that hang CDs on their rear view mirrors.

Back
Top Bottom